Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Collectors Corner Hamblings

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#176 5050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationLiving in a dream

Posted 08 November 2017 - 17:47

SWMBO says she likes the locomotive, but the coaches are "brutti" (ugly)! I fail to understand what she could possibly mean....  :o   :scratchhead:

Especially if there is Chocolate and Cream livery involved!

• Agree x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#177 5050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationLiving in a dream

Posted 14 November 2017 - 16:54

At Newcastle Show last weekend, Contikits had a Hamblings Gnat for sale as a complete loco, painted in a faux 'Caledonian like' blue livery.  I was told it worked but I don't know if it was the original Hamblings mechanism that was fitted.  They will be at the Wakefield Show this coming weekend and, as I don't think it sold at Newcastle, it may well still be for sale on their stand.

If it's still there on the Sunday night I may make an offer - unless, of course, someone here snaps it up!

• Like x 2

#178 Golden Fleece 30

Golden Fleece 30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 17:53

Who remembers the rolls of retaining wall brick paper sold at Hamblings which I think was "Merco"? It was about 3 or 4" tall and printed with shaded arches to try to give a 3D effect.  I only saw it in an orange/red colour and I think you bought it by the foot in the shop which I did in the early 70's.  I have often looked for it since but never seen anything like it until yesterday on Ebay.  I have ordered some for my TT layout and at £5 for 15 sheets of 4 walls it will hopefully be good value.

Garry

Attached Thumbnails

• Arch paper.jpg

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

#179 sagaguy

sagaguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 920 posts
  • LocationNorthampton

Posted 14 November 2017 - 23:06

Hi Garry,i remember it well,i had a longish roll of this retaining wall but with the passage of time,its been lost.Along with the other Merco brick papers ,They`ve all dissappeared.When the Engine Shed of Leyton,E. London bought the range,there were hopes of them being reprinted but sadly,they never reappeared.

Ray.

• Like x 2