REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Just noticed this bit-

2 X WYPTE Red/Cream (Regional & Arriva)

2 X Regional Railways

Does this mean thses will have the original headlights? The original red with the original headlights is the version I`m waiting for, and will it include the original seating?

Sorry Charlie have I read this right? ALL the 144's are coming out before the 143's? If so I need to hunt down the RR one!

The order should be:

144:

2 X Northern

2 X Metro (Arriva & Northern)

143:

2 X Arriva Trains Wales

2 X First GW

144:

1 X Northern (Named) + Updated ariel.

143:

2 X Visit Bristol

2 X Valley Lines (Named)

144:

2 X WYPTE Red/Cream (Regional & Arriva) + Bus Seating

2 X Regional Railways + Bus Seating

143:

2 X Regional Railways (Named) + Bus Seating

2 X Tyne & Wear PTE + Bus Seating

144:

Original WY Metro Red & Cream + Bus Seating

143:

2 X Provincial + Bus Seating

2 X Provincial (Bathgate-Edinburgh) + Bus Seating

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

I had my orders for the ones I was wanting but the shop sadly closed....

Charlie, whats the chance of a combination deal for 144/143 model and a Biffo sound chip?

The cost is a 144 & a Legoman decoder. £100 + £105

We plan to do some sound ones at some stage.

Are the RR versions available for preordering with the discount, i cant find where.

The websites i find dont list the RR versions.

Thanks.

The Class 144 units will be £110 from August, orders before £100. The 143s are not planned till the 144 in on sale so we cannot promise holding prices on this version as we are uncertain as yet to when it will be available. Current 143 orders placed and new orders will be £110.

Sorry but the Chinese have more reverse gears on their cars than forward ones! Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

• 1 month later...

Final Production Sample arrived (Unpainted) for running and DCC evaluation. Currently testing over Peco Track, all types and seems fine. Running speeds are greatly improved with tweaking of gearboxes & drive train, now overtakes Bachmann 158s. The front lighting is sorted and now is spot on, probably the only UK model with correct daytime running (1 X Left Hand Bright White & 1 X Right Hand Dull White). At Skipton this weekend and no DCC layouts so that part will have to wait while Blackburn this weekend coming.

We are still running late but thing are now hotting up. Livery samples awaited.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

At Skipton this weekend and no DCC layouts so that part will have to wait while Blackburn this weekend coming.

Blackmill awaits......................................

Cheers,

Mick

The front lighting is sorted and now is spot on, probably the only UK model with correct daytime running (1 X Left Hand Bright White & 1 X Right Hand Dull White).

I must add that this arrangement is correct for Northern 144's, https://picasaweb.google.com/104319811903610082706/NorthernRailClass144#5697245125569561570, however when you come to do the 143, if you're after light accuracy, the ATW and fGW units typically have both marker lights on, along with the bright drivers light.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104319811903610082706/ArrivaTrainsWales#5693906709241016418

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45220772@N06/4802209974/

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, and getting my mitts on it!

I must add that this arrangement is correct for Northern 144's, https://picasaweb.go...245125569561570, however when you come to do the 143, if you're after light accuracy, the ATW and fGW units typically have both marker lights on, along with the bright drivers light.

https://picasaweb.go...906709241016418

http://www.flickr.co...N06/4802209974/

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, and getting my mitts on it!

Arriva Trains Wales ignore Group Standards for some unexplained reason, and FGW seem to roughly stick too it.

That is all New light clusters should show in Daytime mode: Left Light on Left Cluster (Bright White) & Left LED Light on Right Cluster (Dull White).

• Like 1

Group Standards shouldnt be for just the units to. Although units are getting their former wipac light clusters changed to a LED format, this brings them into line with other upgrades to safety standards that have become neccesary for operation on the railway. Class 66, 67, etc are good examples of the same format of day and night headlight settings, and thankts to modern tec all that changes is the brightness on some lights to work for the right settings. Marvellous how Charlie and the team have gone into this level of detail for the class. Cant wait to get mine bouncing its way into Bishop!

Arriva Trains Wales ignore Group Standards for some unexplained reason, and FGW seem to roughly stick too it.

I get your drift Charlie, but that's not only not strictly true, it's simply untrue and misleading. Their units do conform (under grandfather rights, I'm guessing, I'm not very familiar with the ATW Pacers). Until they reach overhaul or hit the deadline for the change to be implemented (most likely whichever comes first), they'll carry on with the old arrangement. If they didn't conform to RGS the fleet would be stopped.

There's no grey areas with these standards, TOCs can't pick and choose what they're working to, to diverge or fall beneath what's required at any given time demands a derogation be issued (by the likes of us), and much as I criticise certain TOCs (not in my professional capacity, I hasten to add), they don't play fast and loose with RGS.

Sorry to all for O/T diversion and pedant mode (and on my 4000th post too!).

Edited by 'CHARD

I may be able to clear up some of the discussions about Railway Group Standards:

• It is possible to obtain a derogation from standards by demonstrating that compliance is not reasonably practical, or alternative steps have been taken, or both.
  • In any case, the standard for visibility of trains (GM/RT2483) is only mandatory for trains introduced in recent years. Older trains are expected to have their lighting upgraded when practical, e.g. at overhaul.
  • The standard requires two headlamps and three marker lights in the familiar triangular formation; one of the headlights may be used as one of the three marker lights but this is optional, and varies from fleet to fleet. I own both Hornby and Bachmann models which have got this wrong. Another common misunderstanding is that the top marker light is a headlamp - it isn't.

Full details are in the standard itself here: http://www.rgsonline.co.uk/Railway_Group_Standards/Rolling%20Stock/Railway%20Group%20Standards/GMRT2483%20Iss%201.pdf

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

Model looks fantastic. Is that the test for the production run? In which case, I hope they are made quickly enough. Its been a while since I was as eagerly anticipating the release of a model like this. The level of detail and accuracy is going to make Bachmann sit up and take note. Would lay money they respond with a modern DMU next year but thats all speculation. Charlie, Arran and the team deserve enromous praise for the work completed to get this far with the model.

If this is the latest stage, and about to go into production, which all but completes this process for development, whats the news on that next project you have alluded too? Should class 143/144 be as good as it is, I cant wait for the next one - which Im really after!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just done a quick self-tune on the decoder (CV54 on a Loksound V4) and it's running sweetly. It seems to handle the Blackmill pointwork (mostly Peco code 75 with a couple of code 100 points in one of the storage yards), including double slips and a couple of dodgy joints.

Looking good!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Just done a quick self-tune on the decoder (CV54 on a Loksound V4) and it's running sweetly. It seems to handle the Blackmill pointwork (mostly Peco code 75 with a couple of code 100 points in one of the storage yards), including double slips and a couple of dodgy joints.

Looking good!

Cheers,

Mick

REALTRACK OUTSIDE TESTING DEPARTMENT HERE!

We have had various mods done on the chassis, wheelsets, gearing, lighting, etc. We are now testing, testing, testing.

This unit has now done two shows, one on DC and this weekend on DCC with sound. All is going well so far, Red & Silver Metro units for testing awaited!

Youtube Clips going live when Arran gets back off his holidays on a beach near Felixstowe? Or is that a container port!!!!

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty