REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Its true, they do look nice, but for me the idea of replacing 9 Lima/Hornby ones with Realtrack ones makes my bank account shudder a bit too much!

Hi, 

Does anyone know how long real track take to respond to complaints (faulty model)? I emailed them on info@realtrackmodels.co.uk (as per website) and they haven't replied now, nearly 2 weeks on from original email. I re-sent it on Sunday and still no response...

Email Charlie on charlie@dckits.co.uk will work better, also the phone ...

Regards Arran

Hi, 

Does anyone know how long real track take to respond to complaints (faulty model)? I emailed them on info@realtrackmodels.co.uk (as per website) and they haven't replied now, nearly 2 weeks on from original email. I re-sent it on Sunday and still no response...

Have you sent the model??     E.Mail me on Charlie@dckits.co.uk      (PPS Its Christmas and we are sending out 30 parcels a day, all wrapped by me!! No excuse but its very, very busy)   Charlie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Charlie !!

1 of my 4 units stopped working a few weeks ago, no movement & the lights momentarily lit before fading out again, when power was applied.

I spoke to Charlie at Doncaster exhibition, & after checking I was happy to disassemble the model, he suggested disconnecting the motor to see what happened with the lights.

I thought I'd leave it until the current project on my workbench was complete, so I hadn't yet got round to following his idea.

2 days ago an envelope arrived at my house containing a new motor, which I have now fitted & the unit is working perfectly again !!  :)  :)

Once again, a big thank you to Charlie for such great customer service !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

have you any plans to do the 3 car 144s as yet and the original metro livery

Thanks to a parcel from Charlie (thanks Charlie!) I've just started modifying a unit to produce a 3-car one, as a follow up to doing the same to a DC Kits resin one.  It'll be a slow project, but the first pic is on my new workbench thread.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Any chance of some more class 143s & 144s? Tooling not reused in 5 years now.

I would really like a GWR green 143 (and a Wessex Trains 'Visit Bristol) 

Please :)

After the Class 142, as we are redisigning the chassis to add a 21Pin socket and extra lighting functions.    Charlie

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

After the Class 142, as we are redisigning the chassis to add a 21Pin socket and extra lighting functions.    Charlie

This is brilliant news Charlie. Thank you for posting. 

Please could you re-run some of the previous liveries from the last batch? I would really like some FGW local lines 143s and some Northern purple liveried 144s. I missed out on all of these models because I wasn't aware of them until they sold out. 

I would also like the Wessex and GWR Green liveried Class 143s. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission

This is brilliant news Charlie. Thank you for posting. 

Please could you re-run some of the previous liveries from the last batch? I would really like some FGW local lines 143s and some Northern purple liveried 144s. I missed out on all of these models because I wasn't aware of them until they sold out. 

I would also like the Wessex and GWR Green liveried Class 143s. 

You snooze, you lose.

Excellent! My wallet is waiting! TBH though, I think it would be a money maker to get the GWR out ASAP with the original chassis as you have the tooling sat there - where as the livery is doing to be distinct by 2019! 

I have not encountered any problems with the chassis on my FGW 143?

I am amazed by the second hand prices, must confess I am rather tempted to sell mine on. But then, the damned Pacer has charmed me into staying! Such a horrific train, but so admirable for doing exactly what it was designed for. 

• RMweb Gold

Wish I'd bought both ATW versions of the 143 - prices secondhand are silly :(

Looks like further runs of Pacers may be viable? But I guess Realtrack won't want the risk of carrying stock, and we know how fickle demand for reruns can be.

Wish I'd bought both ATW versions of the 143 - prices secondhand are silly :(

Looks like further runs of Pacers may be viable? But I guess Realtrack won't want the risk of carrying stock, and we know how fickle demand for reruns can be.

Keep pestering me on 'charlie@dckits.co.uk' re Arrive TW units, you might have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!    Charlie

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Would anyone have a copy of the brilliant real track class 143 dcc sound instruction sheet, misplaced mine and can’t for the life of me find it, many thanks in advance

Julian.

The Function list is on the Legomanbiffo Section of www.dckits-devideos.co.uk website.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty