Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Heterogeneous Patchwork

modelmaker87

Tone,

I just happen to have a plain black S1 with b/w striped ends handy. As I'm doing an NYC layout, all I need is the relevant (Microscale?) decasls and I'm there.

Many thanks for the pic!

steve

Tone,

I just happen to have a plain black S1 with b/w striped ends handy. As I'm doing an NYC layout, all I need is the relevant (Microscale?) decasls and I'm there.

Many thanks for the pic!

steve

Nice one Steve, be cool to get with Andrew Peters and do a duo 'How we did our S1 build' on here. When ya reckon you'll have your new layout ready to exhibit..? Long time yet, like me. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Tone

Tone,

Black Rock is due to debut at Hull MRS show on 13/14 November. Actually not much more to do...Well apart from finish the lighting rig, weather & detail the locos, define the stock, oh 'eck... :blink:

steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Looking thru my 'then' file and saw this baby doll. Might be of use to you SF modellers out there. Or, anyone building a shortline as a

number of these engines were sold off via the rebuilders. Anyhoooooo, FWIW.

Cheers, Tony

post-6847-128118839318_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Last time I was up on the NS Pocahontas Division the Heartland Corridor project was still being built. Built as in carving up the tunnel roofs

and lowering the tracks by some 12 inches to permit double stacks to transit the line between Norfolk, VA. to Chicago, IL. Yesterday was

my first view ever of a double stack train running over that division. The photo was taken from the roadside of US 52 at Kimball, WV. The

stacks just miss, probably about 12 inches clearance I'd estimate but I didn't get my tape rule out to get an accurate take. :D

Later, Tony

post-6847-037930700 1286375567_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, all modern US interested modellers,

Been working at putting a decent air conditioner on my pair of 9-40CW's. So far this is the result. Couple of items need to be addressed,

one being the hole in the centre of the fan and the drill hole dimples for the eyebolts I forgot to include on my last drawing I sent the etchers.

If any one wants one or more of these etches P.M. me please. They are equally good for the 8-40CW too.

Cheers, Tony

post-6847-083557200 1290181980_thumb.jpg

post-6847-024937000 1290182058_thumb.jpg

post-6847-006350500 1290182075_thumb.jpg

Archived