Any word on the Johnson 3Fs' release?

signalmaintainer

Bachmann's site yesterday stated that the Johnson Midland 3Fs were "On Order." Does that imply on order from Kader?

Does anyone have an unofficial approximate date as to when they are supposed to be released? Guess I'm getting a wee bit excited!biggrin.gif

... Guess I'm getting a wee bit excited!

That 'on order' symbol only means 'to arrive someday, date undetermined'. It tantalised a lot of people during the years it was shown alongside the 4-CEP, and similarly is on view by the Windhoff MPV announced January 2008. OTOH, some models come out at a cracking pace after announcement, the BR standard 3MTT being a good example of this. I would like the 3F to be one of the latter type; the sooner we see if there is strong demand for small 0-6-0 types, the better.

• RMweb Gold

Plus we also tend to see pre-production shots on the Bachmann website and in magazines when its getting closer.

I would be suprised if we saw them this year, but who knows, some stuff can come out quite quickly.

Another indicator that it probably won't appear in 2010 is that two-month predicted slots are shown for some forthcoming models right through to Nov/Dec. So there's probably still time to put £10 per month into the piggy bank towards it! (If it's late in 2011, you could have enough saved to get two at once - think positively!)

Richard

• RMweb Premium

When the initial announcement was made for the new models for 2010, the 7Fs must have been in development for sometime already as they were given an end of 2010 release date, but the 3Fs weren't so clear, so I imagine they've had more work needed to them. The 7Fs and other models are basically in the way of the 3Fs at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Bachmann have not released EP shots of the 3F yet. Once they do it will be at least 6 months to release. We have seen EP shots of the 7F so delivery by the end of the year (Warley) is possible and listed on the Bachmann site.

Recently Bachmann "steam" releases seem to have been within 18 months of announcing so they seem to be fairly predictable. The Standard 3 Tank was the exception and appeared quicker. The A2 has been a bit slower. It would seem that the 7F will appear withing 12 months of announcing!

Archived