Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

SE Finecast Neil. Will the packer be a young lady, and if so, will she be delivering personally? Well, one can always try.

May be - but she's married, sorry. If you pay the ferry I am sure she would hand deliver the parcel though. Happy laughing sort of girl, great fun to work with, just don't eat the flapjacks she 'cooks'.  (she'll probably read this and I'll die slow death tomorrow, she lurks on RMW). Other options are a retired senior post office manager (M), retired police Inspector (M), retired advertising executive (F), a middle aged Geordie (overweight but tame), or a tall Yorkshireman (ex-BR)!  Equal opportunities employer, age and gender no barrier to working here.  The ex-solider (M) does the IT and only packs if we're in a major rush. as do John or myself really. We have to do the boring stuff, managerial ZZZZzzzzz.

I wasn't aware Finecast did the N5, off to google.

• RMweb Premium

Lovely work there and I'm sorry that time constraints have meant that I have missed a lot of the sequences.

Have I missed the appearance of any of Crewe's finest on here - oh ho, guess not, as this is  Gresly/Thompson/Pettercorn stronghold.  :jester: :sarcastichand:

• RMweb Premium

Lovely work there and I'm sorry that time constraints have meant that I have missed a lot of the sequences.

Have I missed the appearance of any of Crewe's finest on here - oh ho, guess not, as this is  Gresly/Thompson/Pettercorn stronghold.  :jester: :sarcastichand:

Plenty of LMS engines to be seen from PN's platforms, but no room to include the running lines, so the use of imagination is required. We just have the Leicesters to look at, and I have cheated by including most of the Up trains that actually passed by to the West. Then we have Ivatt 4s of course. Do they count?

I has the usual scam call about my problems with my computer.He said there was a problem. I said your amazing finding that. He said why's that Sir.

I replied along the Lines of I haven't got a ******* computer !!  Long pause and line goes dead and I return to my cuppa.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Huge delays to the post, sorry Gilbert. Mail plane didn't go last night, due to...well it looks more like incompetence than anything!  Plane went 'tech', crew ran out of hours, new crew flown in, plane still 'tech', then East Midlands was iced in anyway by then (23.30)....good grief, as Charlie Brown used to say.  Hopefully it went this evening!

• RMweb Premium

Huge delays to the post, sorry Gilbert. Mail plane didn't go last night, due to...well it looks more like incompetence than anything!  Plane went 'tech', crew ran out of hours, new crew flown in, plane still 'tech', then East Midlands was iced in anyway by then (23.30)....good grief, as Charlie Brown used to say.  Hopefully it went this evening!

Who operates that run now Neil? I seem to remember that it used to be Air Atlantique who were based at Coventry and used a fleet of classic aircraft such as DC4s.

• RMweb Premium

Who operates that run now Neil? I seem to remember that it used to be Air Atlantique who were based at Coventry and used a fleet of classic aircraft such as DC4s.

Good grief - that  brings back memories. I was on jury duty in Nottingham and one of my fellow jurors was a video 'producer' who made a promotional video for Air Atlantique when they were flying DC3's. We actually made it into the Guinness Book of Records for that trial for a while.

• Like 1

I has the usual scam call about my problems with my computer.He said there was a problem. I said your amazing finding that. He said why's that Sir.

I replied along the Lines of I haven't got a ******* computer !!  Long pause and line goes dead and I return to my cuppa.

I wonder why these people bother sometimes...