Somewhere in Cornwall...

Northpoint

Nick, I can only add to the positive comments, it looks really good. I am particulary interested in the trees, as I am having an issue with my backscene. Apologies if I have missed it but have you made them yourself or are they already made ready to plonk? If so by who...

I'm at work at the mo so can only quickly glance through RMweb!

Cheers

Scott

Nick, I can only add to the positive comments, it looks really good. I am particulary interested in the trees, as I am having an issue with my backscene. Apologies if I have missed it but have you made them yourself or are they already made ready to plonk? If so by who...

I'm at work at the mo so can only quickly glance through RMweb!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott

The trees are home made "a la Barry Norman" - ie rubberised horehair chunks sprayed with glue and tossed in Woodland Scenics coarse turf. This is then stuck to a flat profiled board. Here's a view that not many see:

post-6943-128176589143_thumb.jpg

I plan to paint it black in the near future!

All in all, quite simple but effective.

Hi Scott

The trees are home made "a la Barry Norman" - ie rubberised horehair chunks sprayed with glue and tossed in Woodland Scenics coarse turf. This is then stuck to a flat profiled board. Here's a view that not many see:

post-6943-128176589143_thumb.jpg

I plan to paint it black in the near future!

All in all, quite simple but effective.

Thanks Nick, I shall have a go and hope I get the same result.

Coombe Barton, we hope you've had a good time in the far west.... but still this side of the pond rolleyes.gif

Although as I understand it weatherwise, sometimes it seemed the pond decended on you.....

• RMweb Gold

I just tried to edit my post & it corrupted, so here goes again...

I don't know why, but "Tregarrick Road" seems to suit it

Shortliner - I don't want to appear possesive but - I already used Tresarrick for my layout (being a mash-up of Sarah & Rich with the Tre- prefix) so that seems a bit too similar. tongue.gif I remember Iain Rice had a few layouts called "Tregarrick" in the early 80s?

Still asking questions though wink.gif - what is the source of the concrete platforms & fencing? I'm guessing Peco for the platforms but I don't know who makes concrete fencing...

• RMweb Gold

Nick - Only just found this and IIRC you were the author of Lochnager, another very nice layout.

I do like the simplicity and of course the china clays...it looks like much fun can be had shuffling the CDA's around between the passenger movements. Nice attention to detail and the trees do work very well.

Would love to see some more photos if possible ;)

Pete

Nick - Only just found this and IIRC you were the author of Lochnager, another very nice layout.

I do like the simplicity and of course the china clays...it looks like much fun can be had shuffling the CDA's around between the passenger movements. Nice attention to detail and the trees do work very well.

Would love to see some more photos if possible ;)

Pete

Just going through my photos and came across this:

post-6943-128281845222_thumb.jpg

Nothing much seems to have changed over the years...;)

• RMweb Gold

Just going through my photos and came across this:

Nothing much seems to have changed over the years...;)

...I was hoping you might have a bit of BR Blue...but not stretch that far back :lol:

I'm currently building a lighting rig for it.

Here's the frame - painted MDF supported on 3 x 1 timber at each end. Just waiting for the slimline tubes to arrive (£6.99 + VAT at QVS Electrical Supplies - £17 at B&Q!).

post-6943-128283258516_thumb.jpg

Archived