Blue Pullman Replacement

Shedmaster

Hi All,

After Bachmanns recent Blue Pullman announcement, taking into account their willingness to listen to what their customers want, I was wondering if it would be a good time to start lobbying here for the next big 'want' ?

Now that the BP isn't at the top of the wishlist anymore, what would we really like to see in the future ?

My thoughts are that if we put some ideas here in this one dedicated topic, it would be in all our interests as another source of market research for Bachmann, as they do sometimes check into this forum........

There are no limits as to what you can ask for as long as it's POLITE, REASONABLE and DOESN'T RUBBISH SOMEBODY ELSE'S REQUEST FOR ANY REASON !

I'm gonna start the ball rolling with........please Mr Bachmann could we have :

Class 73/0, 73/1 and 73/2 Electro-Diesel Locomotive

( Apologies to mods if this is inappropriate / not relevant, please feel free to correct me, Thankyou )

Dave

class 303 just because I want a few

APT Hornby could reintroduce it

prototype HST power cars could be a Hornby HST with different front end

RTR london underground stock 5 million people in London alone there must be a market for it?

new track machine models every modern image layout needs one the current Bachmann ones are HO and a bit old

class 87,90 and 91 the Hornby ones are basic compaired to todays standards

class 156 new underframe and gangway doors Hornby could keep the existing body which isnt too bad

• RMweb Premium

This topic might be better shifted out of the Bachmann forum so as to include other manufacturers. The problem then is how to prevent it becoming just another foaming wish-list.

RTR london underground

I have to agree there but we then also need a full set of matching track to go with it as the geometry and electrification hardware is different to most other systems and more challenging to scratch build. Though you might at least have a legitimate use for first radius points! The EFE cars are competent models but take a little work to power and couple up. If there was a matching "surface" stock train I might be very interested. Two 3-car CP stock units for example.

Extending from where Bachmann are already going perhaps more focus on the GE / LNER types for steam (not my baby at all but under-represented compared with SR / GWR) and possibly a more modern emu type such as the 375 / 377 which are very numerous and have livery, configuration and design differences available as options as well.

Probably time for a facelift/new version of the LNER J72 current body is from Mainline days. Likewise modern LNER B1 & V2.

For the Woodenhead fans how about the 504 unit that body could also be used for the AC version with a few tweaks.

Very naughty putting up wish list type threads.

No the J72 to is a good model.... oh forgot that terrible chassis so DCC unfriendly...It can be done though.

Hang on there what about just new chassis for the J72, B1, J39 and the V2. I think this is a locgical progression for Bachmann though I am not sure that it is going to make any more money for them!

Now if you started talking about a J21/24 or a J27 or a Q6.... Yes I would be over the moon... (already am with the ROD :) )

I think the one area that could do with a bit is the scotish modellers they always miss out.

I Really do think it is hard for Bachmann to decide what to do next as now most of the Diesals have been done. Leaving the EMU/DMU's to be done and even this list is getting short. I find it even hard to think of just one class that I would love.

I'm with Doug on this one.

The J21 and J26 & J27 and Q6-7.

I would add the ex-GCR D10-D11 4-4-0 as preserved at NRM 'Butler Henderson', but not just through NRM at high price. The D11/2's were sent to Scotland too. The height difference is between a D10 & D11 is only 1", in 00 scale that would be very minute difference.

and what about a new chassis for the V1-V3 2-6-2T. Mine has just split the rear wheel and has the wobbles.

Well done to Bachmann for listening to joe public and the wish list polls. They have come up with a good selection of locos and Rolling stock for 2010-11. Blue Pullman will probably be 2 years away as with the A2 announced July 2years ago. Now we do need some LNER 060's other than a J39 and a 4-4-0 (D10-11, D16, D20, D49 most popular).

Mark

Now if you started talking about a J21/24 or a J27 or a Q6.... Yes I would be over the moon... (already am with the ROD :) )

I'm with Doug on this one.

The J21 and J26 & J27 and Q6-7.

Stop suggesting NER types - if you want them build your own! I don't want the likes of Bachmann or Hornby undermining years worth of building locos! :lol: The last thing I want is some smartarse at a show asking if the Bradwell J26 is a detailed Bachmann model!

Seriously though, I think an all new B1 would be a sound idea.

I do feel a bit awkward about this one. Some will think I'm being grumpy in closing off an innocuous wish list and some will be grateful that I'm cutting down on irrelevancies but I won't be able to win with a good number of people.

For any 'wishing' to be of use it needs to be thought through, carefully targetted and quantified; some such wishes above do not fit that criteria and I wouldn't reasonably expect a manufacturer to sift through it. It also isn't realistic to have a wish list per manufacturer and a more holistic approach would be necessary.

On that basis I'll knock this one on the head. Maybe there's a need for an ongoing wish database rather than an annual seasonal thing?

Archived