Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

Edit: this is the old thread on the previous version of RMweb: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=39899#p612587

OK, it turns out that at the moment it's not possible to have a gallery that can be posted to by more people than the gallery's creator, so for now any of these types of communal photo threads on RMweb 3 will have to remain as threads on RMweb 4.

So, to start again :blink:

With steam:

post-6714-12549059980181_thumb.jpg

and without:

post-6714-12549060013129_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian J.
  • Like 9

OK, it turns out that at the moment it's not possible to have a gallery that can be posted to by more people than the gallery's creator, so for now any of these types of communal photo threads on RMweb 3 will have to remain as threads on RMweb 4.

So, to start again blink.gif

Hi Ian

Nice pics smile.gif . I look at the gallery feature on here as analagous to Fotopic or Flickr but 'internal' - you can post your own images and receive comments but as you have discovered it's not made for photo contributions by others. I'm running my Teignmouth scene as a topic rather than a gallery for much the same reason.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Both were taken the same way, with a camera :lol: :P

But seriously, there was a bench just in front of the loco that I could rest the camera on so I was able to let it stand while it held the shutter open. I didn't do anything fancy, just let the camera do all the work automatically. The camera is a Canon EOS350D, with the Canon 18-55mm lens that came with it. One thing to realise is that it wasn't quite completely night so the sky had a bit of blue in it which the camera caught well enough. I do like the contrast between evening blue sky and the sodium lighting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some lovely shots there Chris :)

The thread as it was on the old RMweb seemed quite popular, but here it hasn't been noticed so much. Let's hope 2010 is better.

revengeofthecat..It was taken with a pocket digi on a small tripod on night setting..nothing fancy..there was a fair bit of light ..shutter was open only about 3 secs..the train stopped in a good postion with depot lights behind and was a cold eve so loads of steam & smoke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...