Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Midland Railway built 4F 43924 hides from the rain inside Mytholmes Tunnel on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway during a charter on 23rd January 2018.

post-414-0-25579400-1516803078.jpg

In fact it was almost as damp inside the tunnel as it was outside. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Midland Railway built 4F 43924 hides from the rain inside Mytholmes Tunnel on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway during a charter on 23rd January 2018.

attachicon.gif43924 Mytholmes Tunnel K&WVR 23012018 - RMWeb.jpg

In fact it was almost as damp inside the tunnel as it was outside.

Brilliant! I especially like the way the light picks out individual bricks on one side, and then the mortar on the other side. Really effective.

Regards, Ian.

• RMweb Gold

Down the line.

post-414-0-23987700-1516997448_thumb.jpg

For the avoidance of doubt, the photo was taken during an organised private event, with the full permission of the supervising official from the railway, whilst the loco was moving away from my position on the track.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

More airport shots. Guess who just found the panoramic setting on his compact camera? The outer images are just two copies of a panorama taken with the camera still and the train moving. The central image was taken by steadily moving the camera from left to right with the panorama function operating. The guy in the front was obviously suffering from 700 motion vibration! We travelled on one that finished at Three Bridges and I think had come from Luton. We got on at Blackfriars. I wouldn't have coped with a full length trip. The one in the centre was Cambridge to Brighton - that would be purgatory. I am not unusually tall at +/- 6ft, but the leg room on the airline-style seats is ludicrously small.

post-14351-0-73265600-1523572152_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

On the straight and narrow.

post-414-0-11299300-1524828467_thumb.jpg

Looks like Network Rail didn't have a long straight edge available when they laid that Peco Streamline.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting what you can see under a railway bridge. 

Photo taken under the railway bridge at Ploen (should be spelled Plon with am umlaut above the o, but I don't how) just up from the station

post-2411-0-17345700-1528454424_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Should be spelled Plon with am umlaut above the o, but I don't how

On a keyboard with a separate number pad, hold down the Alt key and type 0246 on the number pad. Then release the Alt key. ö ö ö

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

On a keyboard with a separate number pad, hold down the Alt key and type 0246 on the number pad. Then release the Alt key. ö ö ö

Martin.

That should work for standard ascii, but in the 'new' world of unicode, it's not so straightforward. I use Linux Mint Cinnamon and its character map to get such characters. Windows has an equivalent program too IIRC.

In Mint Cinnamon, the keyboard way is apparently Ctrl-Shift-U, then a four character hex number, followed by another key (space), so ö is ctrl-shift-u, then 00f6, then space.