Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

Identical twins.

Couldn't help including this one. Very tenuous link I know, but many bus companies had links to railways, ie ownership, providing rail replacement services, etc.

Hm, not sure - could I post a picture of my local caff because many railway stations had catering facilities? Not that it's not a nice picture in its own right.

• Like 1

I know.....shooting into the sun is daft when the loco is dark maroon! I didnt know 47779 was on the train. Ah well, shot on digital in the Conwy Valley near Betws-Y-Coed ten years ago on 10th September 2002...

post-6680-0-34448300-1347739001.jpg

Nice shot Coach.... there's a definite 'Derek Cross' vibe about this one, it's the location and the colours I think.... puts me in mind of one of his Lune Gorge shots with pairs of newfangled 50s in mult on the Mid-day Scot.

Lovely!

• RMweb Premium

While images of derailments are common to actually witness one is indeed rare. And also a little worrying. There is a risk that some stray wagon might make contact with the photographer or something (such as the footbridge in the Spondon view) that they are making use of. I well recall the derailment of a railtour I was stewarding on and the eventual abandonment of the train down the ladders onto the track. All safely dealt with out but not something I would choose to repeat.

• RMweb Gold

The one time we were nearly involved in an accident was at Purley in the 80's when two trains collided and went down the bank into bakc gardens, killing a fair few people. We had not long got off at Purley and were sitting in a friends parents house looking straight onto the line where it happened - never heard a thing or saw it through the net curtains but certainly heard the emergency services arriving afterwards

I have quite a few photos from that day but probably best not posted.

Ian