City of Truro - Bachmann - 3717 Livery

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

I was in the NRM on Sunday and they had them on sale at £150 (black frames 3717), £140 for 3440 and £195 for the posh collectors edition.

Thanks. Did you notice if the new version w. black frames is lined or not? (as mentioned above the photo contradicts the description).

Wot? No-one admitted to actually ordering one yet? I have the 'Indian Red' frames version, but honestly, I would have preferred to have had this new version in my collection first. But I suppose the first model was of Truro's condition at the time the first model was released.

Ah, well, that'll be another £154.95 leaving my account...............

I am fairly certain that it would have been in the livery of the first model release in the 1980's Scarboroughs. Yeah I gave in and bought it in this livery having already got the first one! I think it looks better in this livery having seen the real thing in both.

Arrived less than 24 hours after the order was placed! Amazing service! It is in the fully lined livery as indicated on the nrm website image. I've attached a photo of it, not great one really but you'll at least see the livery. It is a superb paint job!

post-2400-12822136783_thumb.jpg

Yes its a beautiful looking loco but at £150 not for me thanks.

That front coupling is just awful. I suppose anyone who wants can replace it with something a bit more appropriate but at that price surely it shouldn't be necessary to replace anything ?

Yes its a beautiful looking loco but at £150 not for me thanks.

That front coupling is just awful. I suppose anyone who wants can replace it with something a bit more appropriate but at that price surely it shouldn't be necessary to replace anything ?

The front coupling is a necessary evil - one at each end. Someone will want to couple it for a tender-first run, somewhere. In any event, it has been shown that if you're careful, you can remove it and make it look fine.

Archived