Another break-in. And an Arrest!

Trains4U

The phone rang at 12:15 last night.

Alarms have gone off - Police called.

Yet another break-in at Trains4U. But this time, the internal defences that we installed after the last break-in worked, and the burglar was caught by the police literally red handed!

The idiot smashed through the secondary door to our front office, broke down a couple of internal doors and proceeded to the second-hand cabinet.

He then decided to help himself to the practically worthless (In comparison to what you could fit into a pocket if you know what you are looking for) Lima and 1970's minitrix locos.

Then he tried - unsuccessfully - to get out...

Panicked, he tried to get out through the Toilet, dropping more models - no way out there.

Went to the front doors and broke the bolts forcing his way through to the roller shutter he couldn't open.

Went round to the side door and left a big bloody hand print for the SOCOs

Started to REALLY panic and went into the stockroom, overturining a large rack of Bachmann wagons to get to the second roller-shutter that he couldn't open.

Then he went up onto the mezzanine and tried to rip his way out through the roof!

By which time, six policemen and a rather large Alsation had arrived!

I turned up just after the dog unit and when the barking started, a face appeared at the front door, begging not to be harmed.

The police knew him by name... Typical, so I handed over my keys and they bundled him into the back of the van.

A conviction is certain, and the police hope this will be enough to send him down - Lets wait and see.

Anyway, Despite all the damage, I'm pleased with the result. We need to make further modifications to our security, and we have an excess to pay, but we should have a few insurance write-offs to help cover the losses, mostly second hand, but a fair few Bachmann wagons and Hornby carriages have been trampled (Mostly box damage)

Yes there a has been a lot of damage, and there is a fair bit of inconvenience, but all in all a good result. The glass was replaced and the alarm repaired by 1:30, so thanks to Jensen security and R.A. Baker Glaziers. But most of all, thanks to Cambridgeshire constabulary, who turned up en-masse within three minutes of the call.

I'll list the insurance write-offs if and when we get the OK from the insurance company.

So hopefully this will be a lesson - break in at Trains4U and the next person you'll greet is a policeman - or if the policeman gets his way, the sharp end of his dog!

Does this guy also do burglaries in the snow and wonder why the police find him so easily? rolleyes.gif

Seriously, although it's a hassle, I'm pleased your new security was subjected to such a full test and came out on top! smile.gif

• RMweb Premium

Always a pain in the butt when scumbags are involved but it sounds like you have made some very sensible investments. Let's hope word gets around that your place is not an easy earner.

Cheers

Dave

Glad you did not suffer too much damage Gareth, but wonder what our far too lenient Magistrates will give as a punishment for the break-in.

The Police should have sent the dog in and stood back for a few minutes to give this scrott the punishment he deserved, that would have been my choice.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Should have let the dog in and then locked the door again for a couple of hours.

A good result Gareth, and hopefully the word will get around amongst the ne'erdowells.

Sorry to hear of the hassle and trouble

Pleased to hear a quick arrest was made this time.

When I read as far as the bit about the Mezzinine floor - I was expecting to hear that he had thrown himself off it :)

No doubt drug crazed and a social misfit which will probably lead to a light sentence especially when the magistrates get to hear about all the emotional and physical stress that he was subjected to during his ordeal.

(Ordeal what ordeal - some of us would loved to be locked in a model shop for a night)

A conviction is certain, and the police hope this will be enough to send him down - Lets wait and see.

My guess is 3 months reduced by half by probation and let out 18 days early. Or just told to have more sense next time.

If the police know him by name hopefully some of his mates will find out on the grape vine too and it'll put off others from attempting anything on your premises. Definitely better than your last set of problems though when you got someone this time. Hopefully your insurance doesn't suffer.

Sorry to hear, even though the torag was caught you still got all the repair work to do, which wont be fun. Shame you cant show pictures when he came face to face with the police dog, would have been funny. Hope you sort things out quickly, a name change to FORT KNOX MODELS might deter.

Tom

Should have let the dog in and then locked the door again for a couple of hours.

A good result Gareth, and hopefully the word will get around amongst the ne'erdowells.

Believe me, the dog handler was gutted. He was wandering around muttering "If only I'd been here 30 seconds earlier..." He was genuinely disappointed that he was unable to release the dog - And I suspect the dog was too!

Believe me, the dog handler was gutted. He was wandering around muttering "If only I'd been here 30 seconds earlier..." He was genuinely disappointed that he was unable to release the dog - And I suspect the dog was too!

I would be dissapointed too. Good that the security works. Have you considered putting in a trap door to catch crimbos?

I would be dissapointed too. Good that the security works. Have you considered putting in a trap door to catch crimbos?

These will be no good today as the crimbos will sue you for damages and win. Will be better to have a small room with a self locking door with a small word safe on it, and a sigh on the inside saying you will be safe untill the cops come to get you.

Hi Gareth, sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime again, unfortunately that risk is always going to be there but at least you have taken your own measures to reduce it as best you can. The fact the bobbies knew his name doesn't surprise me. Its normally the few that commit most of the crime. I'm sure the burglary rate will go down unitil he is released.

I bet there was a lot of high fives going on in the wee small hours, time for a drink to celebrate. happy0180.gif

These will be no good today as the crimbos will sue you for damages and win. Will be better to have a small room with a self locking door with a small word safe on it, and a sigh on the inside saying you will be safe untill the cops come to get you.

He would then be arrested for "wrongful Imprisonment" or "Kidnapping" lol

There was a local scrappy near me that had a sign on the gate "God is watching you"

God was a huuuuuuge German Shepherd :D

He would then be arrested for "wrongful Imprisonment" or "Kidnapping" lol

There was a local scrappy near me that had a sign on the gate "God is watching you"

God was a huuuuuuge German Shepherd :D

Like Copper (correct the name if im wrong) from Stand by Me.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear the bad news but great to hear the good news. Here's hoping the Judge will ask you to make a statement about the threat to your livelihood from this piece of sub-hunmanity and decide to put said scumbag away for a few years instead of letting him stay out sweeping up leaves and painting flower pots as his 'punishment'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That has made my night, that has!!!

Glad you got a result, this time!! Let's hope it's the last, eh?

Hi there gareth real sorry to hear about the breakin but im glad to hear that the burgular was caught redhanded i just hope that the courts make an example of him.It was just a shame that that the dog handler didnt get there earlier and taught him a bloody good lesson.

Guest Max Stafford

Glad you got a good result with this one Gareth. Nothing better we like than a 'caught in the act' and a satisfied customer!

Of course I'll be more than pleased to assist in the disposal of the damaged stock! ;)

Dave.

12.15am, i wonder if its just conincident that at that time there was a mass power cut in peterborough, street lights the lot, inculding fengate, and he saw this and took a chance?

When will these numpties learn, most burglar alarms have a battery backup, for just such an occasion as a power cut.......

Anyway, glad to here the boys in blue actually turned up and caught someone in the act, but I'm sure some smart alec lawyer will get him off on a technicality, like he was "frightened for his life 'cos he couldn't escape and is claustrophobic, and really the proprietor of the shop should have realised this and allowed his client the means to escape. In fact, your honour, I would like to sue the Proprietor of the said shop, for infringing my clients human rights in keeping him prisoner until the Police arrived."

Far fetched????? Really????? MMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Regards

Neal.

P.S. I hope they string the little b!"??$%d up by his nether regions, failing that, BRING BACK THE STOCKS in the town square ;) ;)

• RMweb Gold

No, just at the next members day wink.gif

Ooh, I can just picture the scene, poor unfortunate done up in a frilly dress being tied to the track by Andy Y sporting a cloak and waxed moustache. A large queue formed from members paying ??10 a go on the old, slow diesel shunter .....

Archived