Aussie trains

grahame

Hi all,

I'm currently on holiday in Western Austalia but I've got my camera and laptop with me so here's a couple of

shots of local native trains. It's all 3ft 6ins gauge stuff so perhaps it should be under the narra gauge

section;

post-33-12573162703225_thumb.jpg

post-33-12573163069952_thumb.jpg

post-33-12573166360819_thumb.jpg

G.

• 1 month later...

Perth has such a good system - been essentially completely rebuilt since electrification in the early 1990s.

Mid '90s saw the opening of the line to the sprawling Northern Suburbs - the Joondalup Line which runs in the median strip of a major motorway.

2007 saw the opening of a 70km line down the median strip of the Kwinana Freeway, running to Western Australia's 2nd largest city, Mandurah (pop approx 80k).

Both the Joondalup and Mandurah lines are linked up via a tunnel through central Perth.

The system really is the envy of those in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.

Nice photos you've got there;)

All the trains over here in NSW are standard Gauge, and most sets don't look any where near as good as what perths B sets look like! I would love to go over to Perth one day soon, as from what I read their Transport system is pretty good!

Check out this site for some other Aussie Train pics aswell- http://www.busaustra...wforum.php?f=34

Archived