Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

New stock for Charlotte Road

beast66606

Charlotte Road - the Beeching years.

"Shortly after the last trains ran the civil engineers moved in and removed all the S&T. Sadly, bad weather had stopped the final day specials from running and with the S&T gone there was to be no reprieve for this line, it truly was the end. Luckily, a budding preservationist bought up the trackbed, but devoid of connections at either end and any signalling it was going to be some time before trains would run again through Charlotte Road"

Thinking about it, I must come across like a circling vulture at the moment! ;) I'd be interested in both of the plain 3 aspects, should they become available.

Pugsley,

No you don't at all, P. I'm pleased you want to own one or more of my models. F.Y.I all the colour light signals will be removed from the layout including the large gantry and signal box. These models will be available for sale toward the end of January 2011. I'm assuming to the highest bidder but I'll have no control over that when they are offered for sale.

The new owner plans to return Charlotte Road into a large 'U' and run it circa 1929. We still have my original signal box and the semaphore

signals bar one, which was used and still sits in decrepitude on the disused line crossing the main.

Cheers, Tony

• RMweb Gold

Thinking about it, I must come across like a circling vulture at the moment! ;) I'd be interested in both of the plain 3 aspects, should they become available.

Me too but I'm purched upon the cabin - all that red ink in the train register wont give me a fright :)

• RMweb Gold

All straight post signals recovered and in a curry tub (undamaged) :lol: and the ground signals have been recovered but with some collateral damage, but we wouldn't use them again anyway.

Signal box and gantry need some special tools to get them out without damage.

Archived