Warren Lane

bugs bunny

Thanks for the kind comments

The Wagons are all Dapol and arranged into three fixed rakes

One consists of IKA mega frets, the other two are a mixture of FEA spine and KQA pocket wagons all are weathered see pic (all 3 types)

Regards Alan

post-9929-058619900 1287424774_thumb.jpg

Welcome to RMWeb, and what a nice looking layout - anything that includes lots of boxes is a winner in my book! :)

I have to echo the comment made by Glorious NSE, I also enjoy anything container based especially one as well done as this. Please keep the photos coming.

Wow - looks great! Will be great to see more pictures!

How difficult was it to repaint the Heljan container crane - I've been too nervous to do much to mine after what it cost to buy! Any tips?

Also, where did the lorry trailer come from?

Thanks.

Wow - looks great! Will be great to see more pictures!

How difficult was it to repaint the Heljan container crane - I've been too nervous to do much to mine after what it cost to buy! Any tips?

Also, where did the lorry trailer come from?

Thanks.

There is a story about the cranes...............Yes there were two, I have one and my friend the other He painted his first including the spreader (it never worked again) :( so beware

I airbrushed mine with Tamiya acrylic, it took 12 hours and lots of masking.............and yes i was nervous.

The trailer I scatch built from plasticard, based on pictures.

Regards Alan

Hi Alan

What a great layout... more pictures please... its a MUSSSTTTTT...

Yes... I Agree with the HOWES Sound, perfect choice...

WHo are the OHE gantries by... or have you made them from scratch... and the overhead wires for them too...?

RMers Welcome you to...

Excellent Layout photos, Do you have a Track Plan and Layout Size...etc...?

Regards

Jamie

I could be wrong as I have been wrong many times before but did this layout appear in Saltney near Chester last year as part of a modern image exhibition?

I'm not that much into modern image (ok folks hold fire!) but I have to agree this looks fantastic and if it was the one at Saltney it worked like a dream as I remember.

Thanks for posting!

I could be wrong as I have been wrong many times before but did this layout appear in Saltney near Chester last year as part of a modern image exhibition?

I'm not that much into modern image (ok folks hold fire!) but I have to agree this looks fantastic and if it was the one at Saltney it worked like a dream as I remember.

Thanks for posting!

I think the one you saw might have been Nick Gurney's 'Holland Park'- Nick lives somewhere in the North West, IIRC. Both are excellent layouts, though.

Again many thanks for the comments, I hope to take more pics when I have time.....

The straddle carrier is the work of a very good friend Mick Lawrence, I had a trip to Southampton to photograph the cranes and took a pic of 03 Mick saw the picture and a few days latter turned up with the model you see on Warren Lane Its all plasticard and oddbits but I think its fantastic.

post-9929-010189600 1287504753_thumb.jpg

The Prototype at southampton

post-9929-011309200 1287504959_thumb.jpg

Welcome to RMWeb Alan.

Nice looking layout you have.

My brother is taking an interest in this thread as he used to be a shunter and had a stint on Morris 1 & 2 (The overhead cranes and their respective call signs!) at Lawley Street.

Here is a link to my mates fotopic which features a few photos that may be of reference:

http://jimmosley285.fotopic.net/list_collections.php

Cheers

Trev

Hi,

Welcome to RMweb!

What a great layout! Really captures the atmosphere of a container terminal well!

I like the mobile crane, very realistic! Is the main crane a Heljan version?

Keep up the good work, will follow with great interest!

Simon

Hi, not really a modern image fan but the layout looks great, any chance of some more pics or a trackplan please

Colin

Hi I haven't got a nice track plan.....I will do one soon

but this pic is the other end of Warren Lane that leads into fiddle yard

Regards Alan

post-9929-096897600 1287590886_thumb.jpg

Archived