Warren Lane

bugs bunny

Hi Matt

All good ideas....its just the space

How do you like the FLA?

Its been cold in the garage, so I've been working on Mags kitchen table the last couple of nights

New container stacks for Extension

Just a bit more weathering to do

The containers are a mixture of Bachmann and Dapol, repainted and Decals by C Rail and TL models

Hey Alan.

Part of the thought was 'if there's space for a fiddle yard, then why not shove a platform each side of it instead and have it scenic.' But then you do lose the illusion of a train coming on from one side and disappering off the other....unless you go the route of having the fiddle lines disappering off stage and a narrower scenic bit in front of it ('Cramdin' style)......I am also working on my own build honest!

The FLAs are fantastic, already dropping hints for another pair ;-) Even though they're the wrong era the colour looks good and i don't think i could bring myself to redecorate them now. Got them set up next to my Hornby KFA, a big visual improvement on the old Hornby flats!

As well as new stacks in the new yard, are you going to try and add a new 'lifter' vehicle in the style of 5th/6th pair of pics down on the link?:

http://port.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/mainpages/picsport.html

Seemed to be a good selection of those working the stacks at Felixstow.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

It was great to see the extension and again to meet all the team of Warren Lane again, I hope that you had a great weekend as all of the vistors did viewiing the layout.

post-6665-0-40446300-1338751624_thumb.jpg

Some of the team enjoyed them selves more than the others did any one got a caption to go with this picture?

Pete

Great to meet the warren lane team and great to see a super layout and also see how it ticks from behind and also had a little go on the crane, which was brief because I got scared and didnt wanna destroy anything with it ha ha.

" sure I asked for rabbit pie "

Shameless warren lane pun

Great to meet the Warren Lane team today. Kicking myself for not taking up the offer of operating some locos on my favourite layout though! Maybe next time if the offer still stands. Great to chat with Alan & Maggie and good to see that my tongue in cheek comment about moving the road vehicles was already in Alan's plans!

Absolutely fabulous layout that is even better in the flesh.

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. Looking forward to seeing Warren Lane again.

Dave

I second Mason's comments - what an absolutely fantastic layout Warren Lane is! I also 'bottled' the chance to have a go on the crane but when Alan gave me the controller when he was called away for a couple of moments I actually really enjoyed it and realised it's not so terrifying after all !

Also, I wanted to say sorry and thank you to both you and Mick for taking up so much of your time talking about OLE and trains in general. I came away with a lot more knowledge and confidence than when I first walked in today!

Already looking forward to seeing Warren Lane next year at Erith and Tonbridge!

T.

Hi all,

Good to see Warren Lane yesterday at Burton :sungum:

This layout looks fantastic in the flesh, very smoothly operated as well :senile: Well done to all involved :yes:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Many Thanks for all the comments.

It was a real pleasure to meet and chat to so many RMWebbers over the weekend.

We had a great time.

We were really excited to be invited to DEMU Showcase, and it didn't disappoint.

A great venue, great layouts, superb organisation and hospitality....so good I joined

Some Pictures

The Team on duty over the weekend

Ian Bishop, Jake Watson,Mick Lawrence, Maggie and Me

This picture hasn't been edited unlike Pete Harveys I'm not that FAT!

post-9211-0-99371200-1338805439_thumb.jpg

The Layout

post-9211-0-81716600-1338805398_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-28507000-1338805412_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-11823100-1338805425_thumb.jpg

I love this view looking down the main line

post-9211-0-70406000-1338805990_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan

It looks great with the new extension, (you can't even see the join!) the whole layout just looks so much more spacious. When are you going to join the two ends together? ;) :rolleyes:

I had hoped to come to DEMU to see you again but it clashed with our Whitsun camping trip with friends on account of the bloody queen moving bank holidays around! When is your next outing(s)?

Been watching this avidly for well over a year! Having finally signed up I ought to congratulate you on a truly sensational layout!

Welcome to RMWeb

Thanks for the comments,

If you can try to come and say hello at a show sometime.

Alan

Was great to see Warren Lane at DEMU and share in the fun of running our layouts back to back. Great layout.

To echo Ians comment above I think you really should stick another fiddle on the other end and run through services. That would be sensational.

Cav

Hi Alan

It looks great with the new extension, (you can't even see the join!) the whole layout just looks so much more spacious. When are you going to join the two ends together? ;) :rolleyes:

I had hoped to come to DEMU to see you again but it clashed with our Whitsun camping trip with friends on account of the bloody queen moving bank holidays around! When is your next outing(s)?

Hi Ian

We missed the crew at DEMU

Next outing Wigan 16/17 june, might be a bit of a trek

other dates

Southwold 4/5 August

Folkestone 6/7 oct

Letchworth 24 Nov

I hope to have the other fiddle yard finished by November so look out for class 302,308 Emu's (possibly NSE) and 86's pulling MKII and DBSO

hurtling passed Warren Lane.

Alan

Was great to see Warren Lane at DEMU and share in the fun of running our layouts back to back. Great layout.

To echo Ians comment above I think you really should stick another fiddle on the other end and run through services. That would be sensational.

Cav

Hi Cav

I was just replying to Ian when you posted.

The second fiddle yard will be ready for Letchworth in November ;)

Alan

Hi All

Thanks to all the team at Warren Lane and my chat to Maggie

our intrepid litle team only 3 this time enjoyed the trip to DEMU

showcase inspite of the poor weather this year

We arrived back home in Wexford at 2.00am after a long tiring

day but glad we made the trip

Thanks to all for another good show

David

It was great to see the extension and again to meet all the team of Warren Lane again, I hope that you had a great weekend as all of the vistors did viewiing the layout.

post-6665-0-40446300-1338751624_thumb.jpg

Some of the team enjoyed them selves more than the others did any one got a caption to go with this picture?

Pete

Andrea says you're looking over-due there Alan.....

Will aim to be at Southwold on August 4th as you're doing a show that's kinda local to us here (Andrea's dad lives just up the road from that)

Matt

Evening,

having spent some time following the layout thread, it was great to see Warren Lane in the flesh at Burton. :declare: I watched as the cranes did what they do best, loading and unloading wagons, along with various arrivals and departures. A cracking layout that I would be more than happy to see again.

Cheers

Jim

Andrea says you're looking over-due there Alan.....

Will aim to be at Southwold on August 4th as you're doing a show that's kinda local to us here (Andrea's dad lives just up the road from that)

Matt

Tell Andrea I resemble that remark :sarcastichand:

See you at Wigan

Delighted to meet you at Burton and to have a go with the crane! Ironically I have only just got home and went past Coatbridge the other day. It reminded me of Warren Lane - although just as I said, the man on the gate wasn't quite so keen!

Archived