Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• RMweb Gold

For some reason Alan I thought of your [avatar] when I found a photo of a green Warship entering Brent in March 1960.815 'Druid' on the up Royal Duchy.Very modellable if you ask me. ;)

Yes Rob there is something about an hydraulic whether it be a warship or western. A little up date The Westerns are half way through having their etched plates fitted, unfortunately Shawplan only had one of the Warships I wanted, Grenville, and it looks as if I'll have to take of the Bachmann transfer as it much larger than the etched plate. see my post here.http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/77657-size-of-warship-nameplates-00/

• Like 1

It seems a fair time since I put anything about the layout. So here are a couple of snaps of D1000 after putting on the Shawplan etched nameplates and lion and after dulling down the glass black with a coat of matt varnish.

post-7090-0-79279200-1382630560_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-70400900-1382630588.jpg

Next step will be some subtle (I hope) weathering.

Please excuse the mess in the background

Edited by westerner
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen for some time Hymeck 7017 on down parcels train and D602 Warship Bulldog Engineers working from Slapton. Looking at them they both need a touch more work on the weathering, particularly the Hymeck's under frame and Bogies and I feel the Warship would look slightly more run down.

post-7090-0-57885800-1384964449_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-91563600-1384964479_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-55419600-1384964508_thumb.jpg

The Hymeck is the Heljan model (bought when they first came out) and the D600 Warship is a Silver Fox resin kit I bought second hand.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Just lost this evening to this thread and very nice it was. Perfect companion to a couple of pints of Badgers finest...

Thank you Alan.

Rob

Alan. Looking really good. The D600 on spoil duty is especially effective.

My current layout im aiming to achieve a similar look with a 22 North British and wagons loaded with rail, chairs and sleepers as a result of Beachings axe

Lovely stuff

Jack

Still looks supurb regardless! As a matter of interest, D1013 had one of her nameplates fitted 'off centre' which she still carries to this day!

I love the look of the wagons on the spoil train, I've put together a similar rake myself which trundles round my layout behind a D63xx or a D6xx, great minds and all that!

Thanks Rob. The transfers were a combination of Fox (The Number and Dartmouth) and Modelmasters the Western National sign and number plate.

A couple more pix as the driver negotiates the tight bend by the Armada pub. Normally this service would be done by the much smaller SU (Anybody know if one is made).

post-7090-0-41857600-1385826768_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-58068100-1385826803_thumb.jpg

• Like 12