The Hereford Model Centre

GaryHN

• RMweb Premium

I've used Hereford Model Centre for a number of years, in person at the shop, from exhibitions and mail order and have never had anything but great service. Where bits have been broken or missing (axle on a Dapol ferry van for example) there's never been a problem getting it rectified. In contrast I've had more problems with purchases from Hattons!

Having been in their basement store room I'm not suprised it took them a couple of days to find specific models from their exhibition stock!

Happy Modelling.

Steven B.

I was passing a while ago and thought I would take a look. I was at first puzzled as I could not see where the rolling stock was. After a few minutes walking around I was asked in a kind way if I could be helped. A bit embarrassed by my ignorance I need not of worried. I was shown down into the basement which was floor to ceiling with boxes and boxes. ( Aladin's cave is an understatement) where the item I had been looking for for months was quickly located and packed off with a happy customer.

It's always worth asking if you can't see what you need.

Steve

Having bought a few items from them at the BRM exhibition at Doncaster I gave their mail order a try on Thursday evening as they were the cheapest supplier I could find for one of the new releases.   The package arrived safely on Saturday morning.

Their web site shows the quantity in stock and this is always an advantage over those shops which simply state that an item is in stock.   

My brother 'naturol' and I recently took 'the girls' to Herefordshire for a weekend away - and just 'happened upon' this Aladdin's Cave.

Not only did we have a great weekend but I returned home clutching a green Hornby Cl.08 obtained at a preferntial price.

We will be returning ! 

Brian R

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just to bring this thread up to date.

Not being from the UK I depend totally on the internet for all my model railway purchases.

I normally do my purchasing elsewhere but we all read about model shops closing so I decided to search & see if other shops out there could compete.

I came across the Hereford Model Centre who were on a par price & postage wise with my usual supplier.

I said I would give them a shot so I ordered on Sunday night.

My package arrived this morning Thurs which is great time from the UK to Ireland.

Not only that but I found a slip in the loco box to say that the model had been tested before being sent out.

In all my time buying model locos I have never seen this before.

Super service is all I can say.

Well done to the Hereford Model Centre :good:

I'll be back.

The only drawback is my online account still says "Order processing" dated Sunday ? :O

• Like 1

I thought I'd give Hereford's Ebay service a crack when I saw they had P2's at just over 70 quid.

They were very quick to post it and it arrived really quickly to me here in Oz. It even had a little note in it saying that the item had been tested by John prior to Packing and Posting. Which I was very pleased about as there is nothing worse than having something come 12000 miles and it doesn't work. So 10 / 10 for that.

Australian customs also left a note in the box saying they had opened it up after the sniffer dog showed a great deal of interest. :nono:

That's true, I swear.

Anyway great service, thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I thought I'd give Hereford's Ebay service a crack when I saw they had P2's at just over 70 quid.

They were very quick to post it and it arrived really quickly to me here in Oz. It even had a little note in it saying that the item had been tested by John prior to Packing and Posting. Which I was very pleased about as there is nothing worse than having something come 12000 miles and it doesn't work. So 10 / 10 for that.

Australian customs also left a note in the box saying they had opened it up after the sniffer dog showed a great deal of interest. :nono:

That's true, I swear.

Anyway great service, thanks.

What a hoot! Wonder what the dog sniffed? Greasy gears?

Anyway, a P2 to hide now then. Cistern or Loft?

Ar8e.

What a hoot! Wonder what the dog sniffed? Greasy gears?

Anyway, a P2 to hide now then. Cistern or Loft?

Ar8e.

Hid it in full view Phil.

I took an Apple Green A1 out of the glass cabinet and put the P2 there instead.

She'll never count the drive wheels. ;)

If she asks about the spare A1 I can honestly say I've had it for ages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hereford Model Center are a recent find for me.Service very good and always ready for a pleasant chat.Aquired all four Hornby Kings yesterday at november offer prices and Earl of Mount Edgecombe to keep them company.

A Heljan O gauge class 60 in loadhaul livery was just being put into a display cabinet.Looks very nice,trying to resist temptation.              

Hereford's gone all cosmopolitan these days - it's got a Waitrose and a Wagamama only a 2 minute walk from the model shop. And you don't need a passport - they let anyone in that can stand waiting at all the new traffic lights.

You don't mean ........ da da duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum......they even allow the Welsh in now !!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I think Hereford Model Centre is a great supplier. I have never had any cause for complaint but much cause for satisfaction and their prices are competitive. Testing locomotives before dispatch is a great touch and I much prefer them to the bigger outfits in Liverpool and Sheffield, I'd recommend them to anybody.

• RMweb Premium

Hereford Model Center are a recent find for me.Service very good and always ready for a pleasant chat.Aquired all four Hornby Kings yesterday at november offer prices and Earl of Mount Edgecombe to keep them company.

A Heljan O gauge class 60 in loadhaul livery was just being put into a display cabinet.Looks very nice,trying to resist temptation.

Any chance of some pics of your Kings?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very pleased with them.  :) I ordered a pair of the new Hornby 58' conversions of the ex-LSWR non-corridor stock on 2nd August, and received them today in the heart of rural Bulgaria.  Total cost of the order was very competitive, taking account of the postage cost.

• 4 months later...

I've tried Hereford Model centre's website twice in the last few days and just get a Bandwidth Exceeded error message - does anyone know what's going on, please?

Will just mean too many people have visited their site and all their bandwidth has been used up! As it's the 31st today I should imagine it will be reset tomorrow for the 1st...