The Hereford Model Centre

GaryHN

• RMweb Premium

Suspect it may actually be due to people looking for Pecketts. Tipped off on here they had stock of H&P ones I went onto website afternoon of 22nd and my Peckett was delivered using their normal Mail service on Christmas Eve. Well impressed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Suspect it may actually be due to people looking for Pecketts. Tipped off on here they had stock of H&P ones I went onto website afternoon of 22nd and my Peckett was delivered using their normal Mail service on Christmas Eve. Well impressed.

Ditto with Dodo....pardon the silly pun .

• 7 months later...

The website is offline since a few days. It seems there is a problem with the domain herefordmodels.com. I think the shop still exists and it is just a technical issue. Or has anybody other information?

The website is offline since a few days. It seems there is a problem with the domain herefordmodels.com. I think the shop still exists and it is just a technical issue. Or has anybody other information?

Why panic ?

• RMweb Gold

The solution to your concern is simply to give them a ring .

• RMweb Premium

That is far too easy

If I was looking for something in Germany I might not feel too confident about phoning a Model Shop over there. We are not all able to speak fluently in another language despite being able to construct a short, written post using translate. I feel your two comments are a bit harsh on the bloke. Maybe give him some positive help instead, as others have done?

Phil.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

If I was looking for something in Germany I might not feel too confident about phoning a Model Shop over there. We are not all able to speak fluently in another language despite being able to construct a short, written post using translate. I feel your two comments are a bit harsh on the bloke. Maybe give him some positive help instead, as others have done?

Phil.

Yes Phil, you are right. And thanks for your support. But it wasn't my intention to buy a specific item.

Usually they have very competitive prices and I browse through their products from time to time to see if they have something I am interested in.

So there is no need for me to ring them. I just want to know if they are in business or not. And today an online shop is an important part of a model shop's business. And they should know that their website is not working.

Guido

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 year later...

Hello this is a quick note from Hereford Model Centre

as some of you may have noticed our website has had a few issues over the last week or 2. Unfortunately it has now completely crashed, we are able to take orders over the phone, email and via mail, Hopefully a new website will be up and running by the end of next week or early the following week, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this   

Kindest Regards

Adrian, Jonathan, George

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
On 24/08/2019 at 09:38, George Seaborne said:

Hello this is a quick note from Hereford Model Centre

as some of you may have noticed our website has had a few issues over the last week or 2. Unfortunately it has now completely crashed, we are able to take orders over the phone, email and via mail, Hopefully a new website will be up and running by the end of next week or early the following week, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this   

Kindest Regards

Adrian, Jonathan, George

Glad to hear that.

I got a "Domain Name has expired" notice and feared the worst.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Coryton said:

Glad to hear that.

I got a "Domain Name has expired" notice and feared the worst.

I'm also glad to hear about the new website.

I'd been aware of issues with the previous site - and look forward to seeing / using the new one.

I'm also looking forward to visiting the shop (and buying stuff there) when I get chance.

No surprise there - as, over the years, I've found all the people who work there to be extremely helpful - and it's been a pleasure doing business with them.

Long may this continue.

Regards,

Huw.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, roundhouse said:

An excellent well stocked shop that we visit each time we visit the town as its enroute between the railway station and The Barrels (A Wye Valley brewery pub)

Couldn't agree more.

For a number of years, I've viewed Hereford Model Centre in a similar light to Lord & Butler - very much a preferred supplier - and for very similar reasons.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 weeks later...

we are able to take orders over the phone, email and via mail

Hi All

I constantly receive Mailer Deamon Messages like these

hmc@uk2.net:
SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mx.uk2.net.cust.a.hostedemail.com (216.40.42.4) reason: 554 5.7.1 <hmc@uk2.net>: Recipient address rejected: user hmc@uk2.net cann
ot receive mail

irrespective of which E-Mail I address. 

Unfortunately, I need to request a replacement.

Regards

Mark

Hereford Model Centre don't quote hmc@uk2.net as an email address on their website.

Have you tried

sales@herefordmodels.co.uk

which is the address on their banner

Or the contact form on their website?

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Or even snailmail? 

All their contact details are on the contact page.

• 4 weeks later...

Had to contact HMC this morning, replying to an email they had sent a couple of months ago and the email bounced due to the address now being incorrect.

To contact HMC via email, use  sales@herefordmodelcentre.co.uk

Hope thats helpful!

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Chris M said:

I recommend visiting Hereford Model Centre. It's a fantastic Alladin's cave of a place with all sorts of wonderful stuff on display.

I've only been a couple of times but really enjoyed having a mooch. 

Did you visit the cellar?

P

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Did you visit the cellar?

P

No, didn't know about that but it sounds very interesting. I saw all I wanted above ground but I imagine they must have some interesting and maybe obscure blasts from the past down below. Maybe next time....

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone

We apologize for any of the inconveniences that has been caused by our website issues over the last few months.

our new site is up but due to a few teething troubles there a few issues a few of which have been caused by our old email provider shutting down hence the change in email address, we are working as fast as possible to sort these issues out.

in the mean time if you have any queries regarding orders or general enquirers please don't hesitate to contact us via our phone line or via our new email sales@herefordmodelcentre.co.uk

Kindest Regards

George S.

Hereford Model Centre  

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, Chris M said:

No, didn't know about that but it sounds very interesting. I saw all I wanted above ground but I imagine they must have some interesting and maybe obscure blasts from the past down below. Maybe next time....

I didn’t either and I’ve been in several times!

The door at the back seems to be to more shelves etc but is marked “staff only” I think.

Where is the cellar access point - as I say, I’ve visited before so can visualise the internal layout.

Intrigued to hear Mallard!

regards

Adrian