Bachmann Scenecraft Bus Depot

Bernard Lamb

Not seen any mention of this on RMweb.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought that it would make a good focal point for a diaorama to display a few bus models.I don't know if it is a specific prototype but it has that 1930s look. London Transport, country area, would see it quite at home, or even a family likeness to Chelmsford. Not cheap at around £36 but the finish is quite remarkable for a RTP product. The roof is particularly well done and the brick work, while possibly being a tad on the orange side,has well picked out mortar courses. Couldn't resist trying it out in a mock up arrangement. I see it as having great potential.

Bernard

post-149-038756600 1288729026_thumb.jpgpost-149-012622000 1288729056_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

hi

it does look lovey got a few buses i could go with it but just thinking could it be used a railway shed , with 2 track going in to it or is it too small for that ?

rob

I don't see why not. You would need to invent some ficticious history about what it is used for.

Another possibility to individualize it would be to add some doors on one or both sides.

Bernard

• 8 years later...

Anywhere got it though? I've just had a quick Google search and the only ones I can find in stock are the Rural Bus Depot.

Not that I want one. Just curious.

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/27763/scenecraft-44-0027-oo-gauge-rural-bus-depot

Found one. Still out of stock, now part of the EFE range. But now £72.95 reduced from £84.95 with free bus!

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/60435/E99660-Exclusive-First-Editions-Art-Deco-Bus-Garage-Scenecraft

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport