Modelling Aylesbury Station (Risborough & District MRC)

Is the building in question the one shown at 00:32 in this youtube video?

Yes thats the building.

As I couldn't get to work due to the snow thought I would do some more work on the engine shed, so far the main walls are just lent together, although the lean-to and rear oil store have had more work put in including the glazing. I may detail the lean to out and add lighting at the will be right at the front of the layout, and I know more or less what was located in what place including locker stoves tables etc as my Dad worked there.

David

post-186-0-59287700-1292856273_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-52758500-1292856366_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-60060200-1292856432_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-81043400-1292856468_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-68033300-1292856578_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-28878000-1292856616_thumb.jpg

Excellent work Dave - those lintels are very convincing. There are a couple of shots in the Tony Newman book of the shed, just the classic front view from the platform and from the south side of the coaling stage, have you got views of those?

Regards

Tony

Excellent work Dave - those lintels are very convincing. There are a couple of shots in the Tony Newman book of the shed, just the classic front view from the platform and from the south side of the coaling stage, have you got views of those?

Regards

Tony

Nope not seen those any chance of a scan an emailing them over

David

David, have you sorted your aluminium Corrugated Iron/Asbestos sheeting out yet?

I have used the 34mm x 140mm sheets from Eastwell Iron Works and found them to be satisfactory.

There's six sheets in a pack, I think you will need a few packs for the roof though :huh:

Penlan

PS - if you want a pack to test, I've one doing nothing (for about 15 years now!) you can have, PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

Spent some time putting the shed on the on the layout, and installing the brick sets on the shed floor, I used slaters 2mm slate which was the closest to what I think brick flooring should look like. The pillars supporting the roof trusses have also been added, and before anyone asks one does cross straight accross the window.

The photos were taken by Kevin Wood.

David

post-186-0-07016600-1295724734_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-91697100-1295724771_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since I posted on this thread mainly because the shed build featured in the latest MRJ, but thought I would post pictures that were not used in the article.

Also I have now found a photo of LMS mucky duck 43067 running with a GWR diagram U Crimson and cream autocoach at Aylesbury running to Calvert, aparently when no auto fitted loco was avalible then any loco was used including large parires and GWR moguls.

David

post-186-0-10118600-1307795720_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-65657900-1307795943_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

That photo is possibly the best one. It is a really impressive model and well done

I have only one very tiny criticism - the extension wall on the left of the building could do with bringing down to earth.

(photos and me can sometimes be overly critical)

That photo is possibly the best one. It is a really impressive model and well done

I have only one very tiny criticism - the extension wall on the left of the building could do with bringing down to earth.

(photos and me can sometimes be overly critical)

The shed does need bedding in and a few more details adding although I needed to get things tidied up for the MRJ article so there are plenty of things still to finish. Hopefully with MRJ work and Railex now out of the way I can get back to some modelling.

David