Change here for Penhydd, Llangunllo & Bleddfa Road.

sparky

Great stuff as usual Geoff, the photos of the 14xx have that genuine look of authenticity. A hot dry summer's afternoon with very little action and the siesta broken by the gentle hiss and sigh of steam followed, by a clank of couplings and buffers.

At the moment gearing up for the visit to the NEC with Josh's Potterbourne at the weekend.

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
At the moment Penhydd has been dismantled and it's replacement planned

I first read this with dismay, thinking you meant that the whole thing had been torn-up and reduced to bare baseboards! But now I've looked at your Blog I see this isnt the case.

Penhydd has to go down as one of my favourite layouts as it stood, but the addition of the milk-depot has raised it even further. If I had built Penhydd I couldnt bare to part with it!

Many thanks, and best wishes for the new project,

Dave.T

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I also want to say thankyou Geoff, for all the inspiration and fantastic images you have provided us with through Penhydd. This one must be one of my all-time favourite images here on RMweb (and there are many!):

post-93-0-11046300-1318704236.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I also want to say thankyou Geoff, for all the inspiration and fantastic images you have provided us with through Penhydd. This one must be one of my all-time favourite images here on RMweb (and there are many!):

post-93-0-11046300-1318704236.jpg

I would like to add my thanks as well Geoff. On the old RMweb,"Penhydd" and "Postcards from Pudley Lane" where the two layouts that inspired me most when building Much Murkle.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I love this layout, and its inspired me to push my layout further into deepest, darkest Western region with the purchase of a 121. The standard of modelling is something I can never hope to emulate, but if I can capture 20% of the atmosphere you create of the 1950s/60s I'll be very satisfied. I also love your approach to modelling, that it is for enjoyment and that rule one always applies.

• 9 months later...

No sure that Penhydd is quite finished with. Check Geoffs blog http://thechroniclesofpenhydd.blogspot.co.uk/

Penhydd never did get finished and last March it was dismantled, the old blog can still be viewed by clicking the above link.  I had intended bringing the story to a close here but due to one thing or another I never got around to doing so, the following photos are the last to be taken before the axe fell and feature the branch stalwarts 1455 and 2538 being towed away to pastures new.............

Notice+of+Closure+1.jpg

Notice+of+Closure+2.jpg

Notice+of+Closure+3.jpg

Notice+of+Closure+4.jpg

Penhydd+after+Beeching.jpg

Penhydd's replacement follows the same theme and has been slowly taking shape in the form of a remote might have been country through station between Titley Junction and Llanbister Road.

Scenery+021.JPG

25th+November+2013+017.JPG  

The full story to date can be found here........................  http://radnorailways.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by sparky
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks Geoff

for posting.... without this update the likes of me who have started in the hobby a very short time would have never known

Nought about its existence.

Very pleased to see it and will read through tonight with great interest

Thanks Dan

• Like 1

Thanks Geoff

for posting.... without this update the likes of me who have started in the hobby a very short time would have never known

Nought about its existence.

Very pleased to see it and will read through tonight with great interest

Thanks Dan

Welcome back, I too had wondered where it had gone.....

Thank you for posting these photos, Llangunllo is one of my favorite layouts and I was dismayed when I saw that the blog had been taken down. Wonderfull modelling.

Quentin

Edited by mightbe