Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

Bachmann Desiro's

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#426 SRman

SRman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 September 2017 - 13:41

The other day I opened the 'hatch' on one of my older 450s to seal the speaker properly (it was a bodged job earlier on!), but with two kittens running around, I can't put anything down within their reach. They try to pick up and eat or chew anything small and fiddly, including screws, couplings, decoders, and even screwdrivers! The male has to push them around first to see if they move, whereas the girl just goes straight for the items with her teeth. :D

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#427 Harry Lime

Harry Lime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:29

I want to renumber one of my Class 450s. Does anyone know where I can find out which font was used by South West Trains for the cab front numbers, or better still, if anyone makes transfers of the numbers as part of a set?

#428 Godfrey Glyn

Godfrey Glyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:50

John Peck at Precision labels does these. I contacted them some ago when I was planning to repaint a 350 into SWT livery. He was very helpful. Needless to say it remains on the to do list!

http://www.precision.../images/swt.jpg

Hope that works and its useful.

All the best

Godfrey

Edited by Godfrey Glyn, 28 September 2017 - 18:52 .

• Thanks x 1

#429 Harry Lime

Harry Lime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 30 September 2017 - 17:17

Now I can show you why I wanted to know about renumbering a 450. The link below takes you to fellow Loftus Road and Worthing MRC member James Makin's workbench. I asked James if he could make one of my 450's more easily identifiable when we run these on Loftus Road. Post number 792 is where all the trouble began...

http://www.rmweb.co....32#entry2870927

With profuse apologies for the shameless plug for LR and James' work...

• Like x 1

#430 bart2day

bart2day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 14:23

Is it possible to run the class 450 as a three car? Considering getting one but I only have a small layout.

#431 tetsudofan

tetsudofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationSouth East UK

Posted 27 October 2017 - 15:50

Is it possible to run the class 450 as a three car? Considering getting one but I only have a small layout.

Can't see any problems. The powered car (with the pantograph) will be in the middle with driving trailers at both ends. Staying in the box would be the other middle car (without pantograph).

Keith

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

#432 Removed a/c_FairwayJunction

Removed a/c_FairwayJunction

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2017 - 16:38

Its your layout so you are free to do as you please however its not prototypical 

#433 martin_l_jones

martin_l_jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 18:01

Its your layout so you are free to do as you please however its not prototypical

Will the passenger lights work correctly ?

#434 Removed a/c_FairwayJunction

Removed a/c_FairwayJunction

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2017 - 18:55

Will the passenger lights work correctly ?

Ah well that's another issue, it really depends on how Bachmann have wired up the model and if their are circuit boards in each coach for the internal lights. I'm ordering mine soon however their should be information about the manual in the leaflet provided with the models. Fj

#435 bart2day

bart2day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 20:28

Ah well that's another issue, it really depends on how Bachmann have wired up the model and if their are circuit boards in each coach for the internal lights. I'm ordering mine soon however their should be information about the manual in the leaflet provided with the models. Fj

Thanks for your replies but yes this is what I am worried about. I love the look of the interior and cab lighting but wonder if it will work correctly if it is missing a centre car.

#436 martin_l_jones

martin_l_jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:38

I will try my 350 later to see the implications of running that with only three cars..
  • Thanks x 1

#437 martin_l_jones

martin_l_jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 19:30

The lights work as you can see with Car B missing.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171028_202441.jpg

• Thanks x 2
  • Like x 1

#438 bart2day

bart2day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 15:27

The lights work as you can see with Car B missing.

Perfect. Thankyou. Just out of interest, is that on DC or DCC? I assume the interior lights work on both?

Edited by bart2day, 29 October 2017 - 15:27 .

#439 martin_l_jones

martin_l_jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 18:14

Perfect. Thankyou. Just out of interest, is that on DC or DCC? I assume the interior lights work on both?

The picture shows it static on DCC.

Have checked it but can't seem to get it to run on DC tonight ! 

• Thanks x 1

#440 martin_l_jones

martin_l_jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 13:56

Anyone know if the underskirt / plough on the front actually swivels on the real thing as its mounted to the coupler on the model and turns with the bogie...

Thinking I will mount them to the false coupler...

20171110_135215.jpg

Edited by martin_l_jones, 10 November 2017 - 13:57 .