Heljan 128

beast66606

Gear whine in my opinion (too low pitched for motor shaft). A little light oil on the worm, which will percolate down with running.

Body removal is the usual pull body side bottom edge outwards off the clips to allow the mechanism to drop out. Mine was very tight indeed, needed slips of card inserting to stop the clips re-engaging as I worked round it to liberate the mechanism. (You can have my totally redundant BR blue body if you bust yours. It won't happen, the moulding material is very tough!)

Gear whine in my opinion (too low pitched for motor shaft). A little light oil on the worm, which will percolate down with running.

Body removal is the usual pull body side bottom edge outwards off the clips to allow the mechanism to drop out. Mine was very tight indeed, needed slips of card inserting to stop the clips re-engaging as I worked round it to liberate the mechanism. (You can have my totally redundant BR blue body if you bust yours. It won't happen, the moulding material is very tough!)

Many thanks on both counts, I have read that getting the body off is a pain, Seems to run lovely and if you cut power the flywheels keep her going for a bit so must all be free.

When I pluck up courage I might do as you say lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived