Special Edition Great Central Robinson 2-8-0 for National Railway Museum - now in stock

dcroz

Shame about the snifter behind the chimney, an LNER addition IIRC. I was hoping they might have plugged the hole in the mold for this run. Just hope the old man likes it when I give it to him for his birthday, he's gon on and on about GCR freight livery for years, so this should fit the bill. Now whos going to do a model of Butler Henderson......

Mine arrived this morning. To the untrained eye like mine, there are no issues whatsoever. It's a lovely livery and it got me thinking what other locomotives could be treated with a pre-grouping release from the Bachmann range?

N class in SECR livery

J72 in NER livery

Super D in LNWR livery

It occurs to me that the last surviving Super D is a NRM locomotive, so maybe that could be a future release if the Robinson 8K is very successful?

A picture of the very anachronistic beast on Grove Street:

post-8701-061625000 1291974470_thumb.jpg

Mine arrived by couriers as well this morning. I swore I wouldn't buy any more but what can I say.:rolleyes: I think it looks great even though if some of the detail might be wrong I wouldn't be able to tell anyway .:P Well done to the NRM for producing it. :yahoo_mini:

Just a thought - when the only one in the UK's boiler reaches the end of it's ticket it would be nice to see her painted like this just like they did with Butler Henderson. I think I might suggest this to a friend at the NRM.

It will be interesting to see what appears in the 2011 catalogues - do not make this a wish list thread or the mods & rockers will be down on you like a ton (or metric tonne) of bricks.

Just a thought - when the only one in the UK's boiler reaches the end of it's ticket it would be nice to see her painted like this just like they did with Butler Henderson. I think I might suggest this to a friend at the NRM.

No need, you've just mentioned it to the man who had Truro repainted as 3717 and is watching the final stages of the Crab repaint into LMS maroon as 13000...nice idea, now to find the cash...thanks! :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived this morning. To the untrained eye like mine, there are no issues whatsoever. It's a lovely livery and it got me thinking what other locomotives could be treated with a pre-grouping release from the Bachmann range?

N class in SECR livery

J72 in NER livery

Super D in LNWR livery

Bachmann did do a SECR liveried N some time back as part of a special edition set. The problem is that by the time the N class was built, the SECR had done away with their atractive lined green livery in faviour of overall battleship grey with white numbers as a result of WW1. Not a particularly atractive colour scheme compared to the Great Central livery on the 04

Bachmann did do a SECR liveried N some time back as part of a special edition set. The problem is that by the time the N class was built, the SECR had done away with their atractive lined green livery in faviour of overall battleship grey with white numbers as a result of WW1. Not a particularly atractive colour scheme compared to the Great Central livery on the 04

Yeah and how many of us were unaware of this and were bitterly disspointed when their special edition arrived! It looked like it was painted in primer!

It will be interesting to see what appears in the 2011 catalogues - do not make this a wish list thread or the mods & rockers will be down on you like a ton (or metric tonne) of bricks.

who said that its going back to the NRM????? :D B) :P ?

as for the 11F yes, i would like to see the loco in model form!!!! both in GCR colour and the BR ones too!!!!

Yeah and how many of us were unaware of this and were bitterly disspointed when their special edition arrived! It looked like it was painted in primer!

How can I forget as I have a set myself.The first time I saw it I thought they hadn't finished painting the loco :lol:

N class in SECR livery

J72 in NER livery

Super D in LNWR livery

It occurs to me that the last surviving Super D is a NRM locomotive, so maybe that could be a future release if the Robinson 8K is very successful?

A picture of the very anachronistic beast on Grove Street:

post-8701-061625000 1291974470_thumb.jpg

Trouble is the LNWR locos never had the firebox of the Super Ds and from the engine lump inside I dont think they could lose it in a round boiler. Shame as I would like a brace or more. From my past experience with China most of their (or our)problems come from availability of production slots. They commonly (in the 90s) ran a 504 limit per slot and sometimes the next slot would be 2 years away, unless you wanted to sacrifice something else.:unsure:

From my past experience with China most of their (or our)problems come from availability of production slots. They commonly (in the 90s) ran a 504 limit per slot and sometimes the next slot would be 2 years away, unless you wanted to sacrifice something else.:unsure:

I don't know what the current situation is with Kadar, but I would have thought along with the massive expansion of manufacturing in China, if the demand is there, the factory would be expanded to cope with demand. One thing I have learned down the years, Chinese business men do not like to miss an oppotunity!

NRM completely sold out now. Tried to get a replacement today, but the shop apologised that they had none left.

That didn't take long.Just goes to show if you produce the right model at the right price it will sell.Here's looking to the next one.

Well done NRM for getting this one right.

That didn't take long.Just goes to show if you produce the right model at the right price it will sell.Here's looking to the next one.

Well done NRM for getting this one right.

Actually, despite what I posted earlier I think the NRM got the number bang on for this. If you considder it took 2 weeks to sell out I would say any sales from now on would have only been a trickle, so in this case 500 was about just right for the NRM, so I apologise for my comments. ;)

Jim

Based on personal experience, Bachmann DO get some spare bodies for each release, They come nicely wrapped in foam ex factory. BUT you have to send the old one back. They will not sell you a new body (I've tried that too - need a 9F BR1C tender body!)

Do try Bachmann

If it is just a missing piece it may be possible to get a replacement for the model that you have from the Bachmann servicing department.

Apologies - I badly worded the original message.

I collect anything pre-grouping and always order 2 of any suitable product; one for running and one for display. In the package that arrived on my doorstep, there was only 1 GCR Robinson. it appears to be a picking error and NRM shop service have been very helpful in trying to find out what went wrong. Unfortunately, with it now being sold out, there is no way they can replace the missing loco.

P.S. Note to RTR manufacturers; there is a large number of us pre-grouping enthusiasts…… please produce more pre-grouping liveries!

Apologies - I badly worded the original message.

Sorry - actually it's my fault for quoting the wrong previous message. Not sure how I managed that. I was referring to the missing smokebox poster.

P.S. Note to RTR manufacturers; there is a large number of us pre-grouping enthusiasts…… please produce more pre-grouping liveries!

Indeed! I would buy more if there were more to buy. Unfortunately rolling stock too is sadly limited. The only general release pre-grouping wagon I have ever seen was a gunpowder wagon from Dapol in LNWR livery. Even then I have my suspicions that it was an anachronistic wagon for the paint job.

Archived