Just a little bit of progress today.
I have managed to get the wiring to theHead, Tail and interior lights completed in the DMCL, I shall be wiring the DMBS in exactly the same way, I have decided not to add cab lights at this time but they could be added later if I so choose. The DMCL will be controlled via a Hornby 4 function decoder as function only decoders seem to be a tad costly and I wanted to try the Hornby offering as for functions only it comes in at a nice price for 4 functions.
Remaining jobs on the 108 at the moment are the wiring of the DMBS and fitting of an ESU Loksound decoder, fitting pickups to 3 bogies and completing a small amount of detail work on the bodies, hinges etc.
i will be through wiring between the 2 units as this will allow me to use less pick ups thus reducing drag across the unit.
Work has stopped play for the rest of the day as after completing the above, my quick and instinctive reactions at catching the falling soldering iron have resulted in a burnt hand and accompanying 'hurts'....