Next batch of Class 70's

• RMweb Premium

Not sure how true this is....but I was told today that they are now awaiting the arrival of another loco so that all 3 can be moved together.???

Doesnt sound that plausible to me......and not sure even if another loco has been shipped yet.??

70804 was last reported dockside in the US a few days ago,

Cheers,

Mick

A friend of mine wants to go to liverpool on saturday and try to see these locos....he wants to know what is the closest station he has to get off at...and the precise location he has to get to.

Any help.???

Thanks....Bob.

• RMweb Gold

70804 was last reported dockside in the US a few days ago,

Cheers,

Mick

reading on wnxx an eta of 28th jan has been quoted

at this rate all 3 will be sat in liverpool and i'll be trained up on 70s to drive them out of the docks!!

• RMweb Gold

A friend of mine wants to go to liverpool on saturday and try to see these locos....he wants to know what is the closest station he has to get off at...and the precise location he has to get to.

Any help.???

Thanks....Bob.

Seaforth and Litherland - follow Princess Way to the docks and then look around, depends where they are now they've been put on the rails.

http://goo.gl/maps/SpbUK

• RMweb Premium

reading on wnxx an eta of 28th jan has been quoted

at this rate all 3 will be sat in liverpool and i'll be trained up on 70s to drive them out of the docks!!

Hmmmmm - wondering if an appearance of 70801 on New Bryford at Stafford Ex on 1/2 Feb may be a bit premature?

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. The upside is one less thing to get ready..........

Not quite bricks, but similar......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34005859@N03/11969641903

Cheers,

Mick

Blimey, I knew the Class 70s had a reputation for emitting things that weren't supposed to be emitted (as in last years barbeques and fires) but Rainbows from the Radiators now, that's a new one for a GE!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipbparker/11969642063/in/photostream/

Don't worry Fire and Rescue services, these are the ''friendly 70''s!

Edited by surfsup
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not quite bricks, but similar......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34005859@N03/11969641903

Cheers,

Mick

So it's not really surprising that they haven't moved then!  I did wonder if they were stuck in the docks because someone had forgotten some trivial paperwork - such as an import licence :O  However it now looks as if they might have overlooked some other essential such as jacking gear or a crane :scratchhead: 

So it's not really surprising that they haven't moved then!  I did wonder if they were stuck in the docks because someone had forgotten some trivial paperwork - such as an import licence :O  However it now looks as if they might have overlooked some other essential such as jacking gear or a crane :scratchhead: 

Yes, this seems quite odd.....as they have clearly beened craned off the trailers they arrived on, but are still on what looks like wooden blocks or chocs...???

• RMweb Premium

Photo taken at 12.30pm today (apologies for quality, but it was nearest I could get to them!)

If i'd known they were going to lift them this afternoon I might have hung around to watch, just in case !!

I wonder if the cone is meant to stop them being driven away :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-50314100-1389904158_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Nah - they've been clamped. Didn't pay and display :)

• RMweb Premium

I'm sorry but THAT livery - what were they thinking..................... :no:

Hmm, I don't think it would make much difference if they were covered in 24 carat gold leaf to be honest, they'd still look ugly. Abit like polishing a turd. :stink:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think its a little concerning that upwards of 3 million quid's worth of kit has been sitting on a dockside for 2 weeks now instead of being out earning money for the owners.

Down time and all that!

I think its a little concerning that upwards of 3 million quid's worth of kit has been sitting on a dockside for 2 weeks now instead of being out earning money for the owners.

Down time and all that!

I'd love to know the real reason they are still there.......but as they are the first imports for Colas, you do wonder if they didnt fill in all the necessary paperwork etc.,  I wonder if Seaforth Dock Authority are charging them rent too.??

• RMweb Gold

Hasn't the drs 68's been imported too and there already at been through Southampton docks. I don't think they have imported before

68002 left Southampton Eastern Docks by road yesterday evening according to one of the Yahoo gen groups.