Gaugemaster series 100 Controller problem

Hi all,

My ever faithfull and trusty Gaugemaster controller which I have had for 10 years albeit not much used, developed an unusual fault at the last show I did and wondered if anybody else had the same problem?

When the direction switch is in either the F or R positions but with the power knob at 0, the red light is on and the loco slowly moves as power is getting to the track. I thought it might be connected to wiring in a Gaugemaster automatic track cleaner, but the track cleaner has been installed a number of months and all was ok. I have removed the controller from the track cleaner and layout and the fault is still present. I have now packaged up for Gaugemaster to look at under their lifetime guarantee so hopefully they can fix it.

• RMweb Premium

Possibly a loose wiper on the potentiometer. not actually going back to the stop when the knob is saying it's off. Or the knob itself has just slightly come adfrift from the shaft, and when indicating off is just on.

Rob

• 6 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello, my series 100 has the same problem. When you set it to zero, it accelerates back up. If you knock it a bit, it stops again. I was wondering if you found out the cause?

The previous owner of the layout has mounted it in the layout itself so sending it off anywhere could be an issue. I have no proof of purchase either.

Here is a video to show what I mean

• RMweb Premium

Hello, my series 100 has the same problem. Whken you set it to zero, it accelerates back up. If you knock it a bit, it stops again. I was wondering if you found out the cause?

The previous owner of the layout has mounted it in the layout itself so sending it off anywhere could be an issue. I have no proof of purchase either.

It is still worth contacting Gaugemaster.

Gaugemaster will repair free of charge any DC controller they have manufactured so long as its not been tampered with.

No receipt needed. Just return it to GM in Ford, West Sussex and within a few days you should get it back fully repaired.  

You cannot fault the GM service with their own DC items!

Archived