Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Getting Wing Nuts on coach bolts a bit tighter

beast66606

Perhaps I should expand my last comment...

On Penlan (The Layout) I use wing nuts with the penny washers welded onto the wing nuts,

so I don't forget to put them on (senior moments) - matey blacksmith in village did

about 2 dozen for me = a few pints in the British Legion Club.......:P .

They are mainly used on the support legs and certainly from my point of view they have helped

to spread the load, saves the wing nuts cutting into the Wood / MDF / Ply etc.,

WingNutWasher2A.jpg

WingNutWasher1A.jpg

It was a contrived example to show the tool, not the bolt/wing nut ;)

I agree, I should have prefaced with TIC.... BTW, from £1.10 each, where?

Looking at Google images there seems to be a wide range available, though not the one you illustrate on the first 15 pages, then again I hadn't thought about an aid to doing up / undoing wing nuts.

And Miss Prism, agreed, but then I miss out on the Legion part, from where I can gather work to do and somebody buys me a pint or two - swings and roundabouts is the culture of our village life, and walking the dog.... :)

I attached the illustrations just to show another way of doing things, it's not THE way to do it, just a variation on a theme, which if one person, just one, thinks that's a good idea, purpose served from one posting of the 300K+ on this Forum at present..

• RMweb Gold

I agree, I should have prefaced with TIC.... BTW, from £1.10 each, where?

eBay - but as you say not identical at that price, which is why I said "various forms available, from around £1.10"

I attached the illustrations just to show another way of doing things, it's not THE way to do it, just a variation on a theme, which if one person, just one, thinks that's a good idea, purpose served from one posting of the 300K+ on this Forum at present..

Which is exactly why I posted it in the first place ;)

Archived