Caistor Loco, Caistor, N.Lincs

RANGERS

• 9 months later...

When I am back in the UK, it is one of my STOPS. Close to my sisters (where I stay), very friendly and helpful and have a still have a lot of the smaller stuff as well as being competitive on the bigger stuff. In fact its rather like going into an old motor cycle shop where one can spend hours just rooting around and find all sorts of goodies that you really needed but didn't know you needed. Will also mention Shermans in Scunthorpe and Hewins in Grimsby.

• 5 years later...

When I am back in the UK, it is one of my STOPS. Close to my sisters (where I stay), very friendly and helpful and have a still have a lot of the smaller stuff as well as being competitive on the bigger stuff. In fact its rather like going into an old motor cycle shop where one can spend hours just rooting around and find all sorts of goodies that you really needed but didn't know you needed. Will also mention Shermans in Scunthorpe and Hewins in Grimsby.

Been a long time since any posts been made about this one but good to see they warrant a place at York Show this year, a useful addition to the line up and might save me making the detour that way on the way home.

My local - sort of...amazing how often I find a reason to venture out that way on a Saturday afternoon for no reason in particular.  Mind you, when 'travelling accompanied' it is often disguised as a quick stop on the way to our favourite garden centre!  :-)  A 'proper model shop' and always worth the trip up there.  Well done, Pete.  

Kind regards, 

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Caistor is a nice little town but a bit off the beaten track and seems to have lost most of it's shops, Banks, etc .

However this shop is a real "jewel in the town". Worth a visit to Caistor for it alone.

Excellent range of products (stuffed into a tiny space though) and really friendly, helpful service. 

Recommended.

• RMweb Gold

I sometimes drop in there if I go via the Wolds and moors to the north east. Excellent shop loads of kits,worth checking opening hours before going as I seem to think they weren't conventional

Caistor is a nice little town but a bit off the beaten track and seems to have lost most of it's shops, Banks, etc .

However this shop is a real "jewel in the town". Worth a visit to Caistor for it alone.

Excellent range of products (stuffed into a tiny space though) and really friendly, helpful service. 

Recommended.

A couple of weeks ago it lost it's ATM as well  :O

• RMweb Gold

The above isn't good as although I've never spent any time there other than at the model shop it seemed a nice little town.

Did the ATM go as a result of a bank closure or two blokes a transit van and a JCB?

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Given that it's a holiday, Rangers request to see if anyone new opening times seemed a reasonable one to me, as the proprietor is likely not accessing his business email or phone over the festivities. Wish I could help

Tis the season to be jolly

• 3 months later...

Happened to be in the area today so popped in for the first time.

Relatively small shop but absolutely packed full of stuff, RTR, kits and modelling bits and pieces. Despite being in a small village in darkest Lincolnshire there were a few other customers is duing th 15 minutes of so I was in there. Left happy but a few £s lighter.

Size is no indication of potency. Not only does the very small shop punch well above its weight, but the settlement that is Caistor, small as it may be compared to some others, is officially a town rather than a village, complete with town hall (home to a good annual model railway exhibition) and town council.

Archived