Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Thanks for the kind feedback, guys. Much appreciated as always.

Here's a quick close-up shot of 47714 as it enters Waverley.

The driver and his shirt/tie combination are based on a photo of a friend, Graeme Moyes who used to drive the shove-duffs, taken at Queen St in the 80s.

Bachmann's rather chunky plastic representation of the TDM plates and wire has been replaced with A1 plates and wire separated out from layout wire, which makes a big difference to the front of the loco I think. Not too much other work needed on Bachmann 47s apart from weathering and sound-fitting as far as I'm concerned though.

attachicon.gifGraeme.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Hi . I know on the duffs with water tanks there is copious amounts of room for a speaker but what do you do with the ones with the gap! (I.e. Most of them !)

Hi . I know on the duffs with water tanks there is copious amounts of room for a speaker but what do you do with the ones with the gap! (I.e. Most of them !)

Hi meanach

I just use the speaker compartment provided in the Bachmann chassis block below the fans. There's enough room there for a decent 20 x 40mm speaker, which is enough for my needs. A 4-ohm speaker with a v4 chip fitted there gives a decent sound output.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave

Another great photo, I love the shadows (same a Kevin on the other Thread :no: )

but the shadows you have on the photo looks more like trees type shadows and not something more solid, always great to look at, you capture all spot on!

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

Nipped down to Waverley late this afternoon to see what was about. 

On Platform 13, a Class 122 leading a 108 was preparing to head for Fife...

attachicon.gif122j.jpg

attachicon.gif122i.jpg

attachicon.gif122b.jpg

attachicon.gif122h.jpg

attachicon.gif122f.jpg

attachicon.gif122c.jpg

attachicon.gif122b BW.jpg

Newcomer 47714 arrived from Glasgow on a push-pull...

attachicon.gif47714b.jpg

attachicon.gif47714c.jpg

attachicon.gif47714a.jpg

attachicon.gifMk 3 a.jpg

And, finally, 08421 was parked up, resting between duties...

attachicon.gif08421a.jpg

Work is continuing on the other Bachmann 47s. More to follow soon I hope.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Dave, is it just my imagination or is that exhaust fumes in the shots of the DMUs? Seriously stunning stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...

Farmers kept their landies going for years, the series 1 needs weathering in my opinion, not necessarily replacing.

As usual, load of great shots, good to see you posting again. "Life" is really annoying, it gets in the way of my modelling time as well.

Martyn

• Like 1

Dave, There you go sneaking in photos of the real world again. Those gates and the grass look fantastic,. Good to see the pway gang with the correct hi vis and not full orange and hard hats which is too recent

Thanks Gary. Most of them have had surgery of some sort, usually hard hat removal. One was actually decapitated in the process, but he's been returned to good health now fortunately. They've all been repainted.

Hi again folks,

I was lucky enough to find some old black and white shots taken in Princes St Gardens and Waverley, must have been around 85-86 judging by the stock...

attachicon.gif47714 3 BW.jpg

attachicon.gif47714 6 BW.jpg

attachicon.gif47714 1 BW.jpg

attachicon.gif47714 2 BW.jpg

attachicon.gif47563 1 BW.jpg

attachicon.gifMound 1 BW.jpg

Hi Dave

Great looking photos in B&W, I like the way you have in Focus the Station or the Signal Light the other side of the Tunnel/Bridge Mouth.

Always great to see Dave, Keep that mind occupied taking excellent photos! 

Regards

Jamie

It's bad enough you keep passing off photos of real trains as models, but now you're doing it with gates!!!!!

Great stuff Dave

Yes I looked at it in colour, then I sneezed and then I saw it B&W :no: I was wt...Flip man! what just happened :O

always spot on with your great talent Dave.

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

Hi Dave

Is that a car you used to have back in the day! ... NICE

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I was fortunate enough not to own one of those, but I do remember them well on the roads. I think many of them had gone to the scrap yard by the time I bought my first car (1988).

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Great pics . Ahh the Cagoule. Actually I had a bright orange one . Didn’t they used to have stripes down the sleeve lol . Really it takes you right back along with the Morris Marina . My brother in law had a 1975 P reg one.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Gary. Most of them have had surgery of some sort, usually hard hat removal. One was actually decapitated in the process, but he's been returned to good health now fortunately. They've all been repainted.

Isn’t the NHS marvellous .. this guy gets decapitated, not only is he still living, but after surgery is back at work in a safety critical role two weeks later!!!!

Stunning work as ever Dave. I’ve said it before, but truly inspirational modelling and photography.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane