Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi folks,

Not a huge amount to report due to life getting in the way recently. The Transclyde 107 is now complete but the interior lights don't seem to be working at the moment, so it's been returned to the works for attention.

With the nights really drawing in now, I managed to nip down to the station last night to see what was about...

Here I am, arriving on a loco-hauled DMU substitute service from Fife behind 47102. I'm able to take photographs of myself back in the '80s now thanks to some fiendish modifications to my space-time displacement machine.  :jester:

attachicon.gif47636b.jpg

attachicon.gifMe.jpg

attachicon.gif47102a.jpg

47636 was waiting time in Platform 15 ready to depart for Inverness...

attachicon.gif47636 1.jpg

attachicon.gif47s a.jpg

Not much more has been done on 150001 since my last confession, as I've been concentrating on finishing off the 107. The driver's cab doorways are now finished though, so the next job will be to fit the handrails and then come up with a good solution for the doors themselves. Then it will be on to some serious chassis cutting to produce the chassis for the centre car.

Happy modelling one and all!

Cheers

Dave

Superb photos...so much atmosphere..

Instantly reminded me of my first trainspotting visit to Waverley. A freezing cold late afternoon back in January 1981.

post-13274-0-01950600-1513263685.jpg

Cheers

Alan

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Not a huge amount to report due to life getting in the way recently. The Transclyde 107 is now complete but the interior lights don't seem to be working at the moment, so it's been returned to the works for attention.

With the nights really drawing in now, I managed to nip down to the station last night to see what was about...

Here I am, arriving on a loco-hauled DMU substitute service from Fife behind 47102. I'm able to take photographs of myself back in the '80s now thanks to some fiendish modifications to my space-time displacement machine.  :jester:

attachicon.gif47636b.jpg

attachicon.gifMe.jpg

attachicon.gif47102a.jpg

47636 was waiting time in Platform 15 ready to depart for Inverness...

attachicon.gif47636 1.jpg

attachicon.gif47s a.jpg

Not much more has been done on 150001 since my last confession, as I've been concentrating on finishing off the 107. The driver's cab doorways are now finished though, so the next job will be to fit the handrails and then come up with a good solution for the doors themselves. Then it will be on to some serious chassis cutting to produce the chassis for the centre car.

Happy modelling one and all!

Cheers

Dave

Those pictures definitely the feeling of being there in that world, that's one of the highest compliments anyone can say about a layout.

post-7247-0-37687900-1514133471_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone for dropping by and for all your input and craic. I look forward to doing it all again next year.

Have a great Christmas everyone and I hope Santa brings all the trains you're hoping for.

I'm hoping for a bit more modelling time in 1986 2018.

Season's Greetings,

Dave

• Like 18

I never get tired of seeing this,I was finally up near waverly on Saturday on a coach trip,  its a really impressive station  

But please stop posting pics of the real thing, as i never seem to tell whats model and whats real

Mark

• RMweb Premium

I never get tired of seeing this,I was finally up near waverly on Saturday on a coach trip,  its a really impressive station  

But please stop posting pics of the real thing, as i never seem to tell whats model and whats real

Mark

Agreed, maybe you could post some pics of the actual model one day, Dave...?  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Seems like an age since I spent anytime on RMweb, but every time I return I always have a look in at your blog. It is an absolute pleasure to view your pics and I’m always ‘double taking’ at them. This has to be the most perfect layout currently in the hobby. Simply because it’s complete and fully working - you don’t mess about, do you? I also love the pics and description of the whole layout - should be an update every two months in the magazines. Thank you for posting and giving the rest of us constant inspiration. Happy New Year and wish you happy modelling for 2018. Keep posting whatever you do. Regards, Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

WW is again in good company as are you - nominations for Layout of the year and modeller of the year too - you got my nomination and vote in both categories this year.

Regards

Stewart

ps - make cheques out to 45156 and mail to me ASAP.

• Like 1

Seems like an age since I spent anytime on RMweb, but every time I return I always have a look in at your blog. It is an absolute pleasure to view your pics and I’m always ‘double taking’ at them. This has to be the most perfect layout currently in the hobby. Simply because it’s complete and fully working - you don’t mess about, do you? I also love the pics and description of the whole layout - should be an update every two months in the magazines. Thank you for posting and giving the rest of us constant inspiration. Happy New Year and wish you happy modelling for 2018. Keep posting whatever you do. Regards, Mike.

Thanks Mike. That's very kind. It's the feedback I get, yours included, that makes posting on here so worthwhile. I love your diorama shots by the way.

If WW shows anything, I hope it's that with a little willingness to compromise (ready to run track, foreshortening of distances, etc.) and a little courage (weathering and detailing/modifying of RTR stock and so on, plus lots of plasticard), it's possible to build something that stirs memories and recreates the atmosphere of a real place in a relatively small area.

I fully intend to keep posting and have enough plans for the layout to keep me busy for many years yet. 

Cheers and thanks again,

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave

WW is again in good company as are you - nominations for Layout of the year and modeller of the year too - you got my nomination and vote in both categories this year.

Regards

Stewart

ps - make cheques out to 45156 and mail to me ASAP.

Thanks Stewart. I'm duly humbled by the nominations and votes.

The cheque's in the post. I s'pose you'll be wanting more this year with nominations and votes in both categories?  :jester:

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Stewart. I'm duly humbled by the nominations and votes.

The cheque's in the post. I s'pose you'll be wanting more this year with nominations and votes in both categories?  :jester:

Dave

No, my fees are very reasonable. 

• 3 weeks later...