the micro vest is fine if he is to be a shunter/fitter/driver. Pway lads tend to be cald head to foot in orange but not always depending where they are. the sidings a vest would be fine if they are just collecting rubbish as thats not mainline or delivering new stone/rails collecting used. Mainline head to toe day glo orange is the law.

What make and colours is the 'green stuff' you are using?

Hi Guy

It's all Woodland Scenics:

post-10336-0-64319000-1310368011_thumb.jpg

The small is 'Blended Turf' - greeen blend - like dust.

The medium is 'Course Turf' - light green

The large is 'Foliage Clusters' - medium green - big bits you can break down if needed.

post-10336-0-03365300-1310368024_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 2

Pway lads tend to be cald head to foot in orange but not always depending where they are. the sidings a vest would be fine if they are just collecting rubbish as thats not mainline or delivering new stone/rails collecting used.

If they're on NR property under the control of a COSS or working IWA it is all orange. Also remember that staff now will have orange trousers on as a matter of course and wouldn't be changing their trousers when visiting different locations!

Your welcome. I have more ideas. stop groaning.... painted markings. have noticed that an odd pandrol clip painted white with a number scribbled in paint on the sleeper recently. marking out pandrols needing checks. also noted that a track recording machine has been through and left paint marks about a yard long every 100 foot to denote an area requiring further work.

Your welcome. I have more ideas. stop groaning.... painted markings. have noticed that an odd pandrol clip painted white with a number scribbled in paint on the sleeper recently. marking out pandrols needing checks. also noted that a track recording machine has been through and left paint marks about a yard long every 100 foot to denote an area requiring further work.

Keep them coming - I noticed this number painted on the sleeper of a point and thought I might have a go doing something similar. It also appeared to have some kind of device (the yellow screw thing at the bottom of the picture) from stopping the point being thrown.

post-10336-0-92684900-1310387375_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yellow device is a clamp/lock when you hear about points being clamped and lock they are used. think the 20 is a crued reference to points number 20.

you also need some orange piping between sleepers for cable runs.

non rail but bus related you going to alton rally on sunday?

yellow device is a clamp/lock when you hear about points being clamped and lock they are used. think the 20 is a crued reference to points number 20.

non rail but bus related you going to alton rally on sunday?

Thanks, and yes it appeared to be points 20.

I was also thinking about the orange cable piping, and have some orange wire I was going to try using, but first I need to work out where it needs to go, signals, junction boxed, troughs.... oh and I still need to make some buckets.

I thought I might go along to the Alton Model Railway Group -Exhibition Day – Sunday 17 July 2011 which is happening at the same time as the bus rally.

Phil

The newly arrived orange jacket wearers have just installed the first of the cable runs.

post-10336-0-31708600-1310556818_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-60404700-1310556823_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-51387000-1310556828_thumb.jpg

They just wish someone had asked them to do it before the ballast was laid and soaked in glue....

Of course now I'm going to need some trough...

Phil

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A new addition to Beresford Junction - thanks to Chris and RM Marketplace.

Here on freight duty

post-10336-0-67959200-1312320036_thumb.jpg

and here in a somewhat packed station area with some RES coaches.

post-10336-0-42833300-1312320161_thumb.jpg

While I've been 'off air', I've been working on the other side of the layout but am trying to hold back on the photos until all the track is stuck down and ballasted - so I can't change my mind ;-)

Phil

• Like 2