Modelzone Limited Editions

darren chpamn

Thanks for the heads-up GRIFFGRIFF, that's my order in for one each of the blue/grey and early Royal Mail BPOTs along with half a dozen Red Star CCTs.. They'll fit in very nicely :yes:

BR Mk1 CCT 4Whl Parcels Van OO Gauge

The BR Mk1 CCT is a much requested van, which was a common sight on the railway network. Used primarily for parcels traffic, many survived long after their parcel carrying days had ended in departmental service. We will be producing 6 liveries spanning much of their life, in both revenue and departmental service, which are due for release during 2014.

Pristine

39-550Z CCT Parcels Van BR Maroon 

39-551Z CCT Parcels Van BR Blue

39-553Z CCT Parcels Van RTC (internal user) Limited Edition 750pc 

39-554Z CCT Parcels Van Yellow Re Railing Limited Edition 750pc

39-555Z CCT Parcels Van BR Red Star Limited Edition 500pc

39-552Z CCT Parcels Van BR Blue Express Parcels Weathered £21.99

Presumably as it is BR this is totally different tooling to Bachmann's already announced:

39-528 Ex-Southern CCT Covered Carriage Truck BR Blue

But is it based on the same prototype as Hornby's: R6575 Express Parcels CCT NPV, or something different again?

Cheers, Gary

Is the RTC liveried example likely to be in the blue/red livery to match previous RTC releases, or something else; does anyone know?

I have no inside knowledge on this, but as it says in internal use I would suggest this is a possibility http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/researchdepartmentstock/e491fdb44

This was a very easily photographed vehicle from a public road bridge, so there are probably plenty of photos for them to work from.

Paul

I have no inside knowledge on this, but as it says in internal use I would suggest this is a possibility http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/researchdepartmentstock/e491fdb44

This was a very easily photographed vehicle from a public road bridge, so there are probably plenty of photos for them to work from.

Paul

As an 'Internal' vehicle, it's not much use for putting in a train if you are interested in prototypical operation.

As an 'Internal' vehicle, it's not much use for putting in a train if you are interested in prototypical operation.

My Modelzone RTC train never travels far - it lives in a glass display case on my wall. It has the sole job of looking pretty which it does quite well. A CCT in the RTC livery would be a nice addition for variety just as the VBA in the livery a while back was. 

so whats the difference then between the guards stowage model and the regular stowage model?

will it be another modelzone special with the infamous printed "detail" or just a different running number?

does it have extra windows or maybe it loses a window?...........

• RMweb Gold

so whats the difference then between the guards stowage model and the regular stowage model?

will it be another modelzone special with the infamous printed "detail" or just a different running number?

does it have extra windows or maybe it loses a window?...........

Think that post #450 answers your first question......

Picture of the full size van is posted on the ModelZone website...... so, hopefully, this is what they will produce in model form....

BPOT

http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=5278

POT

http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=5641

I believe that is the POT diag they are doing, it was stated somewhere, but I can't find the record. I remember thinking that it was odd the 1960s PO red example was listed as preserved, because it is on the NVR and their rake will be blue/grey. The GCR POT is a different diagram number, and does not have the arm recesses by the door.

Anyway, clear differences between the BPOT and POT.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm for me the following, reference the Exclusive Bachmann CCT Parcels van in BR Red Star livery, what era would this have run in (Steam era?) what years?

Does anyone have a picture they could post to confirm the livery (would it have been BR maroon?)

Ant feedback gratefully appreciated.

Can anyone confirm for me the following, reference the Exclusive Bachmann CCT Parcels van in BR Red Star livery, what era would this have run in (Steam era?) what years?

Does anyone have a picture they could post to confirm the livery (would it have been BR maroon?)

Ant feedback gratefully appreciated.

Red Star livery is standard BR blue with an added red stripe and red star branding. It dates from the 1980s, there is a photo of one in this livery in the 1988 Platform 5 book and Electra do overlays here:

http://www.warr.biz/erg/res.htm

• RMweb Premium

And it is a current Hornby release at £5 less than the modelzone/Bachmann version.

But is the 1980s Lima tooling, with various inaccuracies and shortcomings.

A decent model BR CCT to current standards is long overdue and rated highly in the wish list polls; I can't help thinking this may have slipped under people's radar to some extent by being announced as a Modelzone limited edition.

And it is a current Hornby release at £5 less than the modelzone/Bachmann version.

...and it is pretty ropey.... once flush glazing, new wheels and a general fiddle with is undertaken you may as well just take the Bachmann one which (we know) will be superb

I for one will happily pay an extra £5 for a far more accurate version from Bachmann. Many years ago I had Lima BR CCTs, but I have held off buying Hornby's resurrection hoping that Bachmann would produce a model in line with their excellent BR GUV.

Excellent News, will be having a handful of CCT's and a BPOT. While I can understand the logic of Modelzone doing the BPOTdue to the small numbers etc, I am surprised Bachmann have not done the CCT as a standard release. I would be a bit concerned if there was a limited number of CCT's produced as they will be in high demand and have visions of ridiculous prices on ebay. Either way will get my preorder in quick.

Interesting that the BR Maroon, Blue and Weathered Blue Express Parcels are listed as limited editions, whereas the others are. I know all models have some limit to the production run, but perhaps with these Modelzone have spotted how many will want them, and want to have them produced in multiple runs.

• RMweb Premium

Since ModelZone normally sells at the manufacturers' RRP, perhaps they are after a steady flow of exclusive products to attract people into their shops to make spontaneous purchases that may otherwise go elsewhere. The Mk1 CCTs may have been on Bachmann's radar for the future and ModelZone's interest and (presumably limited) exclusivity has simply brought their production forward a few years.

• 2 months later...

Archived