In a shed somewhere

Tim Hale

For the past couple of years, a couple of gents have been fumbling around in a shed in an effort to create a little slice of West Dorset (almost in SWAG land) . A few RMwebbers have paid occasional visits but we have never really extended a welcome to others from the region as SWAG seems to be rather centered (is that the right word?) within an area a couple of counties to the west of us.

However as we have progressed to the stage where it all works, the stock is in place and a few buildings are complete, we might reconsider the situation.

We will be bringing our combined efforts to the Taunton Open Day and will be demonstrating the worst excesses of bashing perfectly innocent little Wills/Peco/Ratio kits into something resembling an actual prototype.

Let's see what happens?

DesA

• RMweb Gold

SWAG seems to be rather centered (is that the right word?) within an area a couple of counties to the west of us.

You mean Cornwall, then?! ;) (or has East Devon gone UDI?!). In reality, 'SWAG' is wherever you want it to be, although most people think of it as the area south and west (but including) Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Dorset.

Anyway, everyone can indeed all see the display and demonstration of S.R. buildings at the Taunton Members Day in April. I will be posting up the full attendance list soon.

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

Nicely taken out of context.

Maybe the reason why we don't throw out a general invite?

DesA :D

Sorry Des , :D

that was just to good to leave , but it will be really nice to see you at Taunton and to admire your creations .

If we have a day like last year it should be a corker .

Now I must get back to my module fiddle yard boards ready for next year . :O

You mean Cornwall, then?

Two counties, count them:

1. Somerset

and then

2. Devon - that is two counties to the west of Dorset unless you think that Sherborne abuts Devon? Thankfully we have the no-man's land of Somerset to provide a buffer between.

DesA

• RMweb Gold

Two counties, count them:

1. Somerset

and then

2. Devon - that is two counties to the west of Dorset unless you think that Sherborne abuts Devon? Thankfully we have the no-man's land of Somerset to provide a buffer between.

Unless Sherborne itself has declared UDI and become a seperate county, then it remains part of Dorset, which abuts both Somerset and Devon!

post-57-0-97659100-1298201525_thumb.jpg

Anyway, you will be most welcome to join the rest of us wicked degenerates from Devon in the No-Mans Land of Somerset on 16th April, and I for one am looking forward to seeing the results of your work.

I am always in awe of someone with a university education, three years of studying in order to state the bleedin' obvious :rolleyes:

See you in April, looking forward to meeting the SWAGettes.

DesA

BTW What is that weird red line on the map, have you found our secret (defensive) minefield?

• RMweb Gold

I am always in awe of someone with a university education, three years of studying in order to state the bleedin' obvious :rolleyes:

So you should be, I well remember all that valuable time spent on courses such as 'Unusual Management Practices of Outer Mongolia' and 'Advanced Condescension for Jumped Up College Boys'.... and in any case, it was four years, not three... :P :P

Anyway, Tim, it's been far too long since I was at University, mostly ancient history now. I've long ago stopped feeling guilty for 'stealing the jobs of time-served railwaymen', (especially once it started happening to me, in turn).

BTW What is that weird red line on the map, have you found our secret (defensive) minefield?

Didn't realise you had one - that's our version of the Maginot Line, to keep Devon Safe.... :lol:

• RMweb Gold

This is turning out to be the battle of the Tims.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, this thread was started by Tim to highlight the work he's doing for the buildings on his new layout, and the fact that they will be on show at the Taunton Members Day in April, so apologies for diverting attention from this fact, Tim.

• RMweb Gold

Unless Sherborne itself has declared UDI and become a seperate county, then it remains part of Dorset, which abuts both Somerset and Devon!

post-57-0-97659100-1298201525_thumb.jpg

Anyway, you will be most welcome to join the rest of us wicked degenerates from Devon in the No-Mans Land of Somerset on 16th April, and I for one am looking forward to seeing the results of your work.

That is a typo, isn't it.....:O

• RMweb Gold

That is a typo, isn't it.....:O

Well-spotted, that man! (don't give him your name, Pike!)....

The 16th still applies if you are coming to the pub do on the Sat evening, of course, but the main event is on the 17th.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused...

Rumour has it that Swagetti Bolognaise will be on the menu..... :rolleyes: :D

• RMweb Premium

Can't see Leicestershire on that map CK. Could have sworn you'd arranged for it to be moved for me.

Must have used some cheap labour who moved it the wrong way tongue.gif

• RMweb Premium

Anything for you, old chap - would a slightly milder climate suit Sir? :D

post-57-0-30131500-1298405059_thumb.gif

There's a year-round ferry service, too....

CK Never let it be said that your powers are boundless. I've always fancied being more coastal. Could make commuting up to Derbyshire a bit of a drag though.

• RMweb Premium

PS Can I select which parts of Leicestershire I'd like moving next to Cornwall? There's a few bits I'd quite happily leave where they are. Wouldn't want to clog up the Cornish coast with a whole new off-shore county would we?

Archived