Midsomer Matford

Chris Nevard

I popped in for a drop of lunch at the South Devon Massive HQ yesterday and discovered that with the impending rebuild, that the chaps have converted the layout back in time and narrowed the gauge to 16.5mm to make it more saleable to the great unwashed like me.....

Rumour has it that they might rename it Midsomer Matford to make it attractive with the current surge of SDJR interest

post-6681-0-15884100-1298655029_thumb.jpg

post-6681-0-55522000-1298655058_thumb.jpg

:mocking_mini:

:lol: - I blame 'that CK' for introducing the wagons that are actually the right gauge for the track to pose in front of my 'Hornby'. Mr PMP is an expert at fudging/balancing 'narra-gauge' to 18.833333, but in this case a length of code 75.22345 flat bottomed rail makes a wonderful platform to balance the offending flanges, thus ensuring a level display.

On a slightly more glamorous note, watch out for Matford - as intended in the popular press soon ("IN COLOUR")......

• RMweb Gold

Excellent stuff but I thought you might have gone for Midsomer Merders after the dastardly deed was done to remove the poor guards footboards on the SR goods brake.:) Also mighty envious of your 0-4-4T!

Larry, that's the trouble with these snappers, they catch you out with all the wonky and missing bits!;) :P

Archived