Hi James,

Not much has been done on Barber at the minute tbh.

The De Winton has ground to a halt due to supply issues and as such I havn't completed the patterns.

No probs Robert, hope things get back o track for the De Winton for you soon.

Cheers

James

• RMweb Gold

Hope that's down to pressures success of the other job.

Guess it will ne a while before I can get round to showing you this.

attachicon.gifCflat-L-ContShkl-001-EditSm.jpg

P

You was right the first time time Porcy, pressure. Most of my Saturday's are now tied up.

I will try to attend some exhibitions as a visitor on Sunday's if I'm not already booked to work.

Hopefully in the next few weeks once I have finished some full size maintenance and caught up with orders, I might get time to catch up with outstanding projects as a lot of recent stuff is part finished drawings tweaked or finished off rather than patterns.

Edited by RThompson

• RMweb Gold

Well it's not all been doom and gloom from me.

Today arrived a very small batch of etches which included newly released 4mm scale bulleid 4,500 and 5,500 gallon tender lifting lugs in etched brass with the rivets etched.

This replaces the 5,500 whitemetal version and kept at the same price.

post-8628-0-88017100-1517955217.jpeg

• Like 5

I finally got around to building my RW wagon this week, it went together very nicely, but the lost wax stakes needed quite a lot of fettling from the sprue. 

I manged to re-use the low profile bogie etch that I drew for the A1 (now Old Time Workshops) 'Dolphin wagon.

Its already been through the paintshop, but I'm a bit worried I should have added some handrails over the ends.

Jon

post-336-0-61613800-1518387248.jpg

post-336-0-65537500-1518387290.jpg

post-336-0-00031800-1518387300.jpg

Edited by jonhall
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Jol,

Good to see a RW wagon built, be nice to see it fully painted.

I admit the lost wax brass stakes I was disappointed when the casting company (now defunct) put the feed at the tops and not the bottom.

When I get round to getting a new mould made with the new company I will make sure they are the right way round. Theres only 4 kits left in stock.

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I have been quiet with regards to the release of the 4mm scale 009 gauge De Winton Chaloner loco kit.

There has been a few set backs along the way but they have been overcome now. The patterns are now 95% complete and will be sent on monday to have a mould made for the whitemetal castings. The wheels will be Romfords now as suggested by several people and cranks will come as both etched and lost wax brass castings. The lwb castings for these should arrive next week to test out. The 2nd photo shows how it was back in september as a running model with working vertical motion.

Pre orders are still being taken until 5th march to ensure enough is made. Please email at dewinton@rtmodels.co.uk

Price is £85 plus £5 uk postage. Overseas extra

Once i'm satisfied with everything and got the major parts in, I will if possible ask for a prepayment of the kit to pay for the parts and should get these posted out in March/April.

post-8628-0-20687800-1519421964_thumb.jpgpost-8628-0-75428000-1519422059.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

thank you for those who have pre-paid for the 4mm scale 009 gauge De-Winton kit, it has been a huge help.

I have now just paid for the motors so should get these very shortly.

The patterns for the Lost Wax brass axle cranks and for the white metal body parts have been submitted the last few weeks so should see the completed model on the website this week provided the weather doesn't affect anything else.

There will also be released 2 new whitemetal chimneys, Kerr Stuart Haig and Diana.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Build it as Chaloner.

As I found out half way through the design, the cab is Chaloner as built with a cab in a works photo but must have been removed very quickly.

The photo was only presented after the launch of the De Winton book by RCL publications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Some good news with RT Models.

I now have in stock the 4mm scale Slag ladle wheels, these will come only in rp25 profile on 00 gauge axles.

These will be added to the website shortly both as part of the kit and seperately.

Also in stock is 2 new 4mm scale chimneys for narrow gauge, one for Kerr Stuart hair and the other for Diana.

I will try to add these in the next few weeks, just a bit busy at the minute with trying to catch up with orders, packing the de Winton kits as parts come in and literally driving all over the country.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I have now added the 4mm scale narrow gauge chimneys and 4mm scale, 00 gauge 8mm diameter, 1.5mm axle, 8 hole slag ladle wheels to the website.

The wheels are available seperately as well as part of the kit.

post-8628-0-64132500-1522680460.jpeg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Robert, is there any chance of the Slag Ladle wheels in P4?

David

Unfortunately not, it's taken a long time to get these made specially. They are made from solid brass so can be turned down on a lathe quite easily.

the flanges are very fine tbh.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

the final parts have arrived today meaning the 4mm scale De Winton kits will be posted out during next week.

Once all the pre-orders have been posted, I will put the remaining kits on the website.

Thank you all for your patience and support in getting the kit out. Certainly been a challenge!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

3/5ths of the de Winton orders have been delivered to the post office, all Royal Mail special delivery or international track and signed so today's batch should be delivered tomorrow.

The post office lady did have a double check on the amount spent!

I'm taking 30 mins out to deal with other business matters then to carry on packing kits so the next batch will be posted out on Thursday for Friday delivery and hopefully that's it all as I'm not scheduled to go out driving tonight.

• Like 1