Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

You've done a nice job on that 3f :good_mini:

I can't see it fitting in easily on most of your current layouts though...

I've got a late crest BR version on the go, (very very slowly) I think you already know which one its going to be finished as...

Mike

• Like 1

You've done a nice job on that 3f :good_mini:

I can't see it fitting in easily on most of your current layouts though...

I've got a late crest BR version on the go, (very very slowly) I think you already know which one its going to be finished as...

Mike

I can remember one at Gallows Close goods yard in Scarborough!

Ian

OOh I see, that would most certainly be a complete violation of the Eleventh commandment,

"Forwith the sake of ya and ye kin and Almighty himself, tho shalt never attract the ire of Yonder Midland Railway Enthusiasts"

Didn't know there were any.................... :)

Oh yes there are. We are biding our time for a take over, when by the law of the Meads and Persians all engines will be painted crimson lake

I suppose that's what you get when you privatise the railways.......any old Tom, Dick, Harry, Mede or Persian making up rules. Crimson lake, you say? Good fishing spot, is it?

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

NER Diagram V1/3 brake van.

This van is mostly built from the Slaters kit but it has been modified to represent one of the vans fitted with side cotes (duckets), along with these it has had windows fitted at this end although these are slightly smaller than the usual ones in the other end. It is modelled with a door open from a photo in Ian Sadler's NER brake van book of one of these at Rosedale west. All but one of the handrails are fitted, the exception being one from the other end to the roof that can only be fitted when the roof is fitted after glazing. I've started fitting lamp brackets with the upper end ones both on.

post-7104-0-73544800-1346020509.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Lamp brackets, buffers and steps now fitted and a coat of grey primer, I've made a stove from a bit of sprue and brass tube.

I've since given it a coat of red oxide (Railmatch) and discovered another Vallejo match, Game Colour, Dark Fleshtone makes a good LNER red oxide. The next coat will be this.

post-7104-0-75982800-1346103987.jpg

post-7104-0-82929300-1346103994.jpg

post-7104-0-33065000-1346104008.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Getting close now, painted, lettered and weathered. The roof is not fixed, it needs glazing first, the stove will be fixed when the roof is put on as well.

Painted and lettered (no wheels).

post-7104-0-83294800-1346191491.jpg

post-7104-0-16508600-1346191504.jpg

And weathered.

post-7104-0-25229700-1346191515.jpg

post-7104-0-95278900-1346191525.jpg

• Like 5