New & Improved Class 33

Andy Y

Hi 47423,

I believe it's the end of May to guarantee a reservation. I too have to decide and was going to contact them this week, to be safe.

It says in the top of the green box at the bottom right of the second page, marked "Don't miss out, order today" (<---Click the link for the .pdf Web Flyer file).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ixion.

Thanks Ixion,

Better make my mind up this week then.

Cheers

Jon

• RMweb Gold

I would like three or four different versions with dcc sound but no way I'm going to pay double to get what I want.

If they can do mixed versions of the Cl.37 (like Mainline and Transrail) then surely pairs of say an original green and green syp as one pair and two different more modern liveries should be possible. Would probably involve more work for them but, I would have thought, would increase sales.

Certainly don't like the idea of buying a pair and the having to flog or trying to arrange the swap of the one you don't want.

I've bought a number of their commissions in the past but think I will pass on these....

Keith

• Like 2

Have to say , I hope enough are sold for the NSE version to be produced!

When i give them a bell on Thursday, my choice will be the grey roof BR blue. Hope they pick 027 or 052.

If they don`t make that, i could find room for 33035 though ;)

Rail Exclusive do seem to be closed to ideas such mixing sets of locomotives...

It seems its Rail Exclusives way or the highway....again.....:(

Bluebird

I guess there is only one solution... commission and retail your own batch via Heljan. ;)

I cannot say for certain, but from my own experience when on several occassions I have telephoned Rail Exclusive, there only ever seems to be either Jamie or Phil to deal with enquiries and send out any replacement spare parts or deal with returns. To me this suggests a small organization that does not have the support of an army of workers to handle such general matters. It would therefore be logical to conclude that organizing "mixed packs" for some, individual locos for others and the like would be nothing short of a logistical nightmare. Of course, extra staff could always be drafted in, but that would also come with a cost.

I only just found this thread after seeing an advert for them elsewhere.

For me the problem is not whether to order some, but how many?

I think the downside of such orders is the lump sum innvolved, as whilst I dont have a problem with them selling them in pairs, as I want a fair few, forking out say £1000 (or £2000 for sound fitted locos) in one go hurts a lot more than spending £100 (£200) a month over 10 months. I know it adds up to the same, but the initial outlay hurts a lot more!

They will all be BR Blue, although this will obviously entail renumbering many of them which is a shame, and a choice of numbers would be nice.

I think the £100 per loco is reasonable for a detailed, correct model and even if Heljan were to make some down the line I suspect they would be at least this? The currently available models which, whilst cheaper, require an amount of work which adds to the cost in both parts and time, so I dont think they are particulary expensive when this is taken into account.

One thing I am curious to see is that as one of the Construction livery locos is to be 33050 will it have its unique cut out above the coupling? This was the only one like that and it can be seen in the picture of it on the page for these versions. It would seem a bad choice for this reason, as I doubt it will be done and if it is it makes renumbering a non starter if you want to keep in accurate which is surely a big part of spending out for these models?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm interested in a pair of sound 33s in either of the green liveries and/or the blue version. I'm happy to discuss a 'swap' with a like minded forum member with similar 'wants' so we end up with a different pair. The plan would be for me to buy a pair (only the greens or blue I'm afraid) and swap one for the exact cost to me of a single sound loco. P & P would cancel out at Special delivery. There are several combinations available here if both 'parties' buy a different pair. e.g. I buy a pair of greens but swap one for a blue one!

I suppose it's possible to do a three way swap etc.

Another option would be I would buy a pair and sell one 'privately' at no 'profit' but would have to charge P & P at Special delivery. This would enable someone to purchase a single loco and I'm happy to have just one initially.

Please P.M. to discuss.

Obviously if RE decide to do mixed pairs or single locos you can ignore this :rolleyes:

Cheers

Phil @ 36E

Speaking to Phil early on the Saturday at Alley Pally, there were definitely no plans at all to do single blue/green, or mixed b/g packs. I asked. :)

Just out of curiosity did he say why no singles after all the fuss people have made about this?

• RMweb Premium

I'm interested in a pair of sound 33s in either of the green liveries and/or the blue version. I'm happy to discuss a 'swap' with a like minded forum member with similar 'wants' so we end up with a different pair. The plan would be for me to buy a pair (only the greens or blue I'm afraid) and swap one for the exact cost to me of a single sound loco. P & P would cancel out at Special delivery. There are several combinations available here if both 'parties' buy a different pair. e.g. I buy a pair of greens but swap one for a blue one!

I suppose it's possible to do a three way swap etc.

Obviously if RE decide to do mixed pairs or single locos you can ignore this :rolleyes:

Cheers

Phil @ 36E

Update 5/07/11.

I have invested in two sets (on order); a green no panels and a blue; both sound.

I have a reliable swap arranged for the Green machines; I'm getting a SYP machine in exchange for a no YP.

I could possibly have a sound blue one available for swap with another sound green that I have not got after the first swap (:huh:why swap you might ask, well if someone wants a different one etc.) OR sale as a single loco. (See original post for arrangements)

Please P.M. to discuss if you are interested.

Cheers Phil @ 36E

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

.....spoke with Rail Exclusive a couple of weeks ago (about the Cl.57) and was told that the Cl.33 models are still being worked on won't be ready until maybe end of the first quarter 2012 - was told that Rail Exclusive want to get the models as accurate as possible.....

More time to save up the pocket money!!

Keith

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i could be interested in one RE green class 33 no dcc and no sound if any one wants to split their 2 pack...

please get in touch, ideally i really want a pukka class 33/1 for when a 4-TC RTR finally appears...lol

i have a new Heljan model no. 3346 green 33/1 D6580 SYE which i guess i will flog, never run BNIB is this model not accurate then?

http://www.ehattons.com/33094/Heljan_3346_Class_33_1_Diesel_D6580_in_BR_Green_with_small_yellow_panels_/StockDetail.aspx

cheers roger

https://www.facebook.com/tornado60163talks