Olten (SBB CFF) station webcam.

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Do any of you Plattling webcam fans tune into the Olten station webcam ? Well worth a good time waste! Won't work on IE, fine on Firefox. Lots of trains to be seen. Cisalpino sets, Re6/6s (of course!), 460s and a quite a few push-pull sets with some of them with a DVT in the middle and mixed double decker and single decker trains. The 'uniformity' of these sets when they were introduced seems to have faded away now! Freights with all sorts on the front

post-6728-0-53223700-1300869795_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know if the Zurich suburban double decker trains with Re450s attached?

Does anyone know if the Zurich suburban double decker trains with Re450s attached?

I'm intrigued by this unfinished question! Can we have the full question please?

I forgot to try and get myself on the Olten webcam (LOL) when I passed through last Month. I've just checked the Filisur cam for the day I was there but I didn't manage it this time!

• RMweb Gold

[

I'm intrigued by this unfinished question! Can we have the full question please?

Apologies, It would help if I did finish the question!.:rolleyes: ......Do they reach out as far as Olten or are they limited to purely the Zurich area?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to many people are watching -getting the following message:

503 Service Unavailable

This stream is MJPEG and had been setup 10 connections. There are too many connections in this stream use right now. Please try again later. Or try to use another stream. The session error number is 1.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

In the last few days I've noticed that this webcam has moved to a new position with a very narrow field of view between two buildings. A big disappointment when you consider what a brilliant position it was in before.

Does anyone know what's behind this change?

Keith

In the last few days I've noticed that this webcam has moved to a new position with a very narrow field of view between two buildings. A big disappointment when you consider what a brilliant position it was in before.

Does anyone know what's behind this change?

Keith

We wondered the same thing of the Plattling webcam thread. It's such a shame, I loved that webcam!

I think it is still on the same house and it has just got knocked. Before the current position it didn't work at all so I think it got knocked either by a storm or something.

http://i53.tinypic.com/15gqs0h.jpg

I tried to find the website's owner's email by a whois search but I can't find it. Maybe someone who speaks German could ask on a Swiss rail mesageboard?

• 1 month later...

I've noticed in the last few days the view has got ever more of that white building, but then today it has been moved to the view of the house. So somebody must be looking after it. Maybe some repairs are being done to the building where it was originally located? And it is just a temporary move to where it is now? I don't think there would be any point in keeping the webcam long-term where it is now as there is no view at all, so I hope it is just there as a temporary move.

I miss it!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I had a few visits to Olten May 2011 and found it quite difficult to track down the location despite knowing it was there! At that time it was pointed towards the northern throat. Can you see it boys and girls?

revOltenwebcama.jpg

It's actually in a corner flat, behind the street lamp. Am assuming it's now positioned against a window round the corner on the other face of the building.

revOltenwebcamb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

As well as a plethora of passenger and freight all day at Olten, there's something we don't have over here - a prison train! I bet you all thought Switzerland was crime free.

revSecuritas540062Olten09Jun11800px.jpg

Clearly the driver knew that I knew what I was photting.

Archived