Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

I'm amazed at how busy this location is, especially as it's a Sunday. Just had eastbound coal empties pass a westbound container train on the crossing.

There's been lots of container trains today; interesting to see containers stacked two high (with sometimes the longer one perched on top of a shorter one). Plus more mixed freights, grain hoppers and flats carrying road trailers.

Think this site is becoming addictive..... :unsure:

One heck of a webcam, isn't it? Now just picture trains that long wheeling by at 60 mph...and not moving fairly slowly for the diamond's speed limit. blink.gif

Ohio is GMT -5...except when you go on summer time and we haven't yet. But the time in much of Ohio is still around, oh, 1974 cool.gif

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Love the way that SD 40 keeps coming back for more!

I'm busy at the workbench modelling and have the sound on with one monitor above right for Fostoria and the other monitor for all the other stuff like foums, mail etc!

The horns sure get the attention!

ps - the mrs says she can hear the horns downstairs!

Darn it , now you've got me hooked....

Fantastic site , now I'm sat waiting for the ICE SD40-2 coming from Deshler...c'mon , I've got to get to bed lol

If there are any more US railfan cams as good as this can we have a link?

Yes, according to the chat that goes on. The camera is mounted on a pole outside the Rail Bar. The guy that runs it is apparently a Railfan. You'd have to be, living that close..

Out of interest though, how does the driver see where he is going when reversing a train the end of which could be half a mile away?

I wasn't aware of any shunter as such, so are there cameras on the rear of the train?

Somehow, I don't think proximity sensors would do the job.....:)

Right, that's enough. I am going to have this post shut down and all reference to it deleted.

I get a very sluggish connection speed here in rural France and I cannot watch this webcam so I am extremely envious of those of you who can therefore I want to make sure that you won't be able to torture me anymore!!cry.gif

Willy

wink.gif

Looks like most of RMweb was on it last night !, me too. Somebody on the chat on the right gave this link,

nttp://128.173.197.94/railcamjv.htm

RoanokeRailCam.com

Tom.

Thanks, Tom.

So far, much better picture quality than Fostoria (but much quieter!!).

2 trains in my first 5 minutes of watching.

Got to go - I can hear horns at Fostoria....

Archived