New to Templot

60A

Hello all,

Purchased Templot last night and have had a play this morning. First impressions, wow! The video tutorials on the Templot site show a hand drawn track plan pre loaded onto Templot. I would like to do this with a track plan I have on my computer, how do I import it into Templot?

My second question is regarding printing. My previous printer finally copped it a while back and Ive been meaning to replace it. Can anyone reccomend a quality printer that will agree with Templot? I have read about Inkjets being better then lasers in regard to Templot, I see you can calibrate your printer for templates, I imagine printers to be fairly precise anyway :unsure: .

Im sure Ill think of a few more questions. Ive only had it a few hours so Im not expecting to master it today!

Regards, Jason.

Hello all,

Purchased Templot last night and have had a play this morning. First impressions, wow! The video tutorials on the Templot site show a hand drawn track plan pre loaded onto Templot. I would like to do this with a track plan I have on my computer, how do I import it into Templot?

My second question is regarding printing. My previous printer finally copped it a while back and Ive been meaning to replace it. Can anyone reccomend a quality printer that will agree with Templot? I have read about Inkjets being better then lasers in regard to Templot, I see you can calibrate your printer for templates, I imagine printers to be fairly precise anyway :unsure: .

Im sure Ill think of a few more questions. Ive only had it a few hours so Im not expecting to master it today!

Regards, Jason.

Jason

Good morning, I use a HP office jet which is an ink jet printer and its fine. I guess any modern good quality printer would do though.

Sorry I cannot help with your other question, try the Templot Club site as there are lots of threads about all aspects of Templot http://85a.co.uk/forum/

Good luck

• RMweb Gold
The video tutorials on the Templot site show a hand drawn track plan pre loaded onto Templot. I would like to do this with a track plan I have on my computer, how do I import it into Templot?

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the world of Templot. :)

There's a video showing how to get a scanned track plan image into Templot as a background guide. Background images are called "picture shapes" in Templot. Download and run the video from:

http://www.templot.c...cture_shape.exe (39MB)

The video shows a prototype map being used -- the procedure is similar for a hand-drawn layout sketch, simply click the other blue option bar in the dialog.

However, I recommend that you get some practice first with Templot. Working over a background scan is difficult if you are not too sure what you are doing, and it's not so easy to see the templates clearly when zoomed in close. Also, you should upgrade to version 091c of Templot first (free), as you will most likely need the F10 swell function. There is lots of discussion about using picture shapes on the Templot Club forum.

More Templot videos at: http://www.templot.c.../video_list.htm

Any printer which works with Windows should work with Templot. Inkjet printers produce more accurate printing than laser printers, because there is no heat to shrink the paper. But a laser is fine, if that's what you have. For accuracy the most important thing is to have the printer sitting firm and level. A printer propped on a pile of books will not produce accurate template prints. :)

regards,

Martin.

Archived