Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

Building a 7mm JLTRT CCT

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 hmrspaul

hmrspaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationYork UK

Posted 30 August 2011 - 13:32

Hi Chris

It will be nice to see one in maroon. Looking at the linked picture I am sure it has the loading info panal on the right, just a bit mucky. I would be surprised if it wasn't there.

Brian

Brian

Correct, they were built with a full data panel towards the right hand end. A photo of one when newly built is in

Parkin, Keith (1991) British Railways Mark 1 coaches. Publ Pendragon-Atlantic Historical Model Railway Society 235pp ISBN: 0906899494 The photograph of mine linked to above has the data panel on the right hand side.

Cambridge Custom Transfers lists these as available http://www.cctrans.f...uk/products.htm see
Sheet BL64
- BR GUV & CCT vans to NPCS Diagrams 810, 811, 815 & 816.

And thanks for the warnings about these kits; they look like a lot of work is needed to get the underframe details correctly positioned.

Paul Bartlett

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#27 Chris Heighton

Chris Heighton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland

Posted 30 August 2011 - 18:00

Thanks for the feedback folks. Here is a photograph of the model as it stands at the minute: the roof requires a final coat of paint (it only has primer on at the moment), then fixing to the body, and I need to add the window bars (not necessarily in that order!). Please also note that the digital camera and artificial light have washed out the colours a bit; in real life it is a darker and more uniform tone of maroon.
CCT22.jpg
Paul, thanks for the advice on the transfers. Do you know if they include the lining stripes or if it is just the lettering?

-Chris.

#28 Gazza

Gazza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 18:18

Hi Chris,
looking good

#29 Boris

Boris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 19:53

Chris,

The CCT transfer only include lettering, you have to get the lining from elsewhere. Personally I find waterslide lining in O gauge to be a HUGE pain, however the HMRS pressfix transfers are about the easiest to use, although others may disagree.

Rather than spending £18 from CCT on a large sheet of transfers you may not use the majority of, and then spending another £18 on the HMRS lining sheet, powsides.co.uk do a CCT transfer sheet for £5.90.

Might have to have your CCT and my nearly finished GUV put together for a few photos next time I'm up there.

Boris