Trainwest 2012 - 14 & 15 April

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

We really enjoyed the show and for a Sunday night at the end of the school holidays we also had a very good run back home, taking just over two hours to junction 8 of the M25.

Layout and stock away ready to start work on other things.

Ian

Hello

As ever thanks to the Bentley boys for a great weekend. I can only re-itterate the comments of my fellow exhibitors on here.Nice to see a lot of familiar faces and catch up with old friends. Hopefully we will see you again next year when we return with Georgemas Junction.

Cheers

George

We all had a great time with CK and Engine Wood, and thanks from me to the organising team for a fun and hospitable show.

Darren has already posted his photo of Mr Harrap and his mobile backscene so no need for me to repeat. I suspect CK may have some more pics later.

A big thanks to Geoff and the BMRG team for a most enjoyable weekend. The selection of layouts were all to high standards, with a good choice of scales and eras to suit all tastes.

Hospitality was second to none, and the Friday set-up tea/sandwiches/cakes/fruit for the exhibitors was a welcome touch.

Good to catch up with faces old and new, and looking forward to the show next year.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Geoff and your team for a very enjoyable weekend. Also thanks to those for the splendid catering. Nice to have sarnies during set-up and during break down.

Some snaps of 'Diesels in the Duchy', one with CK's 'visiting' 22.

Occasionally, we were allowed away from duty .............(tyrannical Kernowesque discipline .......it's no picnic you know)

post-6728-0-88997500-1334580244_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-04871900-1334580672_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-50749000-1334580625_thumb.jpg

Well done Geoff an Excellent well run event.

We all had a great time.

Mick gives it the thumbs up :good: (he hasn't been the same since that BBC interview)

post-9211-0-70701300-1334601509_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to come back next year with Warren Lane

Alan Mags Mick and Ben

• RMweb Gold

Yep day two was just as good as day 1, managed a quick escape and fast journey home so made SWMBO's works do and got brownie points for that too.

Lots of people I chatted too were complementing the spread of layouts and trade so there were a lot of punters happy with that too.

I must also say thanks to the steward who made sure a wide gap was left into the rear yard where all the vans were parked. Very well controlled and easy to wheel the layout out without squeezing past people blocking the exit with boxes. All very civilised and lots of room to load without blocking others in too. Something simple a lot of shows could do to speed up loading at the end.

I'll be back to see Warren Lane!

• RMweb Gold
I suspect CK may have some more pics later.

Unfortunately I forgot my 'proper' camera, so only had the camera on my phone, but I took these of Rod and John with Engine Wood.

post-57-0-79203700-1334605278.jpg

post-57-0-17975300-1334605293.jpg

My thanks to the Engine Wood team for another great show - John, Peter, Rod & Brian. Also many thanks to Geoff and the Bentley organising team, the hospitality was excellent and the sandwiches at beginning and end of show a nice touch.

It was great to see a few RMWebbers there too, and hope to see some of you at Taunton in just under two weeks as well...

And now for the competition winners.

Trainwest Ted was on Stand 59. The winner of the family ticket for the Avon Valley Railway is John-Paul Hart (age 10) of Shipton Bellinger.

The winner of £100 to spend at the Gas Cupboard in the Postcode Lottery is Mr D Webb from Bath.

--

Geoff Endacott

Archived