Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

The Long Line

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 23:05

At well over 100 feet long i think my N Gauge layout 'The Long Line' fits the bill of a' large layout' even though its only 11 inches wide..

I shall add some occasional pics and updates of the 'exhibition managers info' here alongside the schedule of events it will be attending when it re-emerges from its penultimate chop-shopping session in 2014..

cheers Mark

Edited by Long Line, 17 September 2014 - 22:54 .

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 Removed a/c_jim s-w

Removed a/c_jim s-w

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:23

Hi Mark

Large is different things to different people. I see a lot of layouts in the 20ft scenic range so I picked 35 feet as a figure (had to pick something).

Thus long line is more than welcome.

Thinking about it perhaps 1/2 a scale mile would be better (thinking of other scales) but then half a scale mile of t gauge isn't a large layout and doesn't have the problems in building, transporting and operating that a big layout does. So perhaps stick with 35 feet, regardless of the scale.

Cheers

Jim

#3 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:55

As much as I had built to an exhibit-able standard back in 2010 and when the layout was still a straight line..

75ft at Steam Museum of the Great Western Railway Swindon.

Keith Ware's on the Down end (in foreground) assisted by Robin fox at the Up end.

Cheers Mark

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF3318.JPG

Edited by Long Line, 17 September 2014 - 22:55 .

• Like x 1

#4 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:22

Information for EXHIBITION ORGANIZERS or those more interested in the particulars...

Persons now wishing to make specific requests for information regarding their exhibition should contact me directly at markhenshaw@tiscali.co.uk

cheers Mark

Edited by Long Line, 25 November 2014 - 06:59 .

#5 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:38

Dart Head Viaduct, or baseboard (O1) as its known as on LL.

To the right is the UP direction heading towards the line summit and then down through the Teign Valley into Exeter. This bridge is the first of three which dominate the UP end of the project.

The pic' below shows the mixed auto Goods, which is representative of a service which occasionally worked between Tiverton and Tiverton junction and is my personal favorite. Seen here running 'wrong line' whilst bypassing a failure.

The second shows Keith Ware's 1986-94 stock crossing the same spot, taken at Steam Museum Swindon in 2011, below the viaduct can be seen another occasional visitor to The Long Line...'the who house'.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF3268.JPG
  • 60.JPG

Edited by Long Line, 04 January 2014 - 11:01 .

• Like x 1

#6 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:04

Links to videos about or featuring The Long Line, in varying states of development

The first four videos were all done at LL's first outing at steam in 2009, this was at a very early stage of the construction.

This lad approached us asking if we could give his new train a test, I don't think he envisaged one as long as this though?

Taken at Wigan in 2010, LL features at 4mins 4 sec

Taken at Ally Pally in 2012, LL features at 6mins 33sec

BRM's Ally Pally movie, LL features at 12mins 46sec

Many thanks go to those who have posted LL films on you-tube.

Edited by Long Line, 04 September 2013 - 22:26 .

• Like x 1

#7 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36

1st outing of THE LONG LINE over 100ft long

After a 2 year forced absence from the exhibition circuit whilst major surgery was undertaken.. we will be exhibiting the now much larger and bendy!..model for the first time on 23rd and 24th November 2014 at the Warley Model railway exhibition at the NEC Birmingham. 

Our stand Number is E24

Cheers Mark.

Edited by Long Line, 25 November 2014 - 06:50 .

#8 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 21:39

Forthcoming appearances of The Long Line:

October 25/26th - Crewe Heritage Centre -  Layout under construction demo and static display

NB. LAYOUT CHANGED TO ASTON MAGNA DUE TO WORK COMMITMENTS - ASTON WILL BE RUNNING ALL WEEKEND..

November 23/24th- NEC Warley MRC exhibition.- Layout operating (confirmed)

December 6/7th The Model Show Poynton, Cheshire -moors head viaduct No.2 on static display (Confirmed)

March 2015- BRM Allexander Palace - Layout operating (Confirmed)

September ?/? - Steam, Museum of the GWR, Swindon CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF SPACE AT SHOW UNTIL 2017

September ?/? - Steam, Museum of the GWR, Swindon -  layout operating (Confirmed / awaiting show dates - prob 2nd weekend Sept?)

Edited by Long Line, 21 October 2015 - 02:37 .

• Like x 1

#9 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:58

Warley Nec 2014

LL's 1st outing over 100ft and with the bends added for stability and realism.

Pic by Keith Ware looking from the Up end, Down towards Brent/Plymouth

The layout runs the length of the barrier in view.

cheers Mark

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0323 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Long Line, 26 November 2014 - 09:56 .

#10 Long Line

Long Line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:52

Latest video from Keith Ware of LL at NEC Warley this year...

Mark