Weird Deviation........! All change, how Wearde is that!

BlackRat

Thanks for all the help and advice, looks like its cutting down statples or buying some in America, if I can find some.

Just to tweak things a little (no, it doesn't stunt your growth!) I have added a few bushes, made up from Woodlands foliage clusters.

They were originally gorse bushes using a combo of yellow flock, but they looked far to bright to my eyes. May well have to try again or perhaps spray them with a mist of grey or brown to tone them down a bit.

Here's one I made earlier...........Could entitle it, I bin workin on the railroad!

post-7061-0-73757500-1313071122_thumb.jpg

From the other side..........

post-7061-0-21474600-1313071219_thumb.jpg

and side on...........

post-7061-0-86633800-1313071271_thumb.jpg

Apart from the fishplates, spikes, rolling stock thats about it, not sure if I can add any more or should something be taken away or tweaked?

You eyes are better than mine so any feedback would be welcome!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Neil. looks mighty fine to me, the tweaks you've suggested will probably sort the yellow gorse and the little details will finish it (don't gild the lily!). Be interesting to see what rolling stock you've got in mind? "I bin workin on the railroad!" ain't that a line from a Pogues song?:drinks: .Cheers Phil.

Guest Max Stafford

Neil, first time I've checked your thread out but what a brilliant diorama this is. So many good features about it and your wild flowers really look the part. Convincing veg really makes all the difference to a layout. I really must have a crack at a diorama soon. Perfect way to develop techniques for a future layout!

Dave.

Phil, Dave, thanks very much for your kind words and support and taking the time to post.

I think I have taken this one about as far as I can, just a little detail and that's about it.

I have tried quite a few new techniques including using an electrostatic grass machine (cant praise it highly enough), using silicone sealant for the water, and using 'real wood' etc for the bridge.

As with everything I do, I look for the most simple way (to me) of doing things, so there's nothing to complicated at all and basically if I can do it, anyone can.

So hopefully, if only 1 person is encouraged to have a bash, then its worth it.

Looking at the other amazing entries and what has and can be achieved in 20"X11" then there's no excuse for not having the space now ;)

Now all I have to do is decide where it is, I rather like the thought of it being somewhere on the L&B on the fringe of Exmoor somewhere, wonder what Chris Leigh would make of it all! :)

Thanks again. Neil;)

I have enjoyed reading and following this thread, seeing it develop into an outstanding slice of life.

You where saying about a back scene, in my mind I dont think it really needs one, the hills frame the bridge and river perfectly, and your eye is drawn right into the woodwork of the bridge. Then it starts to rome round to see all the details.

Also you have made up my mind about buying a static grass applicator, seeing the 3d effect and the blending of the different shades, almost makes me want to get my mower and edging shears out!

Cant wait to see the differance the spikes and rail joiners make to the look of the track.

You said you wondered if there was anything else to add or take away, a phrase from one of my military modelling books came to mind, 'If you think there might be one more thing to add or tweak, stop! It's done!'

Cheers

Matt

Very disapointed with Colonial Hobby, very little apart from HO and even then not a huge amount.

Prices equivalnet to the UK or more expensive! (For Woodland, Noch, Faller, Bachy etc)

BUT>>>>> managed to get some useful embossed sheets, some nice wood strip in assorted lengths/widths, all laser cut and some nice window/doors etc.

So worth the visit, and with fuel at $3.42 a gallon (US) cheap motoring! (Tho they are wingeing like mad at the cost here!!!!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Fell ar*e over t*t whilst out running Monday and now left arm is firmly in a sling, so even more delays!

Sorry to hear that...

Looking at your photos again, I think if you managed no more on your layout, then you still have a cracking entry as it stands...perhaps some photos with a tripod will be easier if you are restricted with your arms.

• 3 weeks later...

DOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTT Panic!

Arms now out of sling, bit of a day off here, tons of catching up to do....................

Will we make the final tweaks............................................

Answers on a postcard, thread to.......whom it may concern!

Latersssssssssssssss :)

Archived