C&L in the news.

• RMweb Gold

Brian Lewis, well-known owner of C&L, is looking for more time to enjoy his retirement. He has decided that it's time for someone else to take over, and has announced that the C&L business will be changing hands on the 1st of July.

In Brian's hands C&L has become a major resource for track builders in the UK, so we wish the new owner all success in his venture and look forward to seeing further developments from C&L in the future.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold
Who has taken over, can you say?

Brian hasn't made any announcement about that. You can see his statement here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/finescale/message/892

(scroll to the end of the message).

He recently posted on E4um that the changeover was indeed going ahead on 1st July.

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Who has taken over, can you say?

OzzyO.

The new owners (husband & wife) were on the C&L stand at ExpoEM (so may be at Railex this weekend?). I spent a few minutes talking to them - they came across as being very nice people (he's into 7mm garden railways if I remember correctly). I wish them all the best in their new venture - I think that Brian Lewis has spent quite some effort in creating some sort of "handover pack" to assist the new owners, in order to help ensure that the business he has worked hard to build up over the years doesn't disappear.

Brian Tulley

• RMweb Gold

Lets hope they can continue Brians impressive order turnaround and despatch times.

I was impressed by that too. Recently placed an order via the C+L site at seven in the morning, and 3 hours later got an e-mail saying item had been despatched. That'll be a tough act to follow!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have spoken with Peter Llewellyn recently regarding a future order and the subject of flat bottomed track came up. At present of course, they do not produce a chair for flat bottom rail, and I have suggested it i something they look into, especially as more modellers are now building layouts from the 70's through to the present day.

Ian

Archived