How do I?

Andy Y

I have become aware that clicking on the posts on my owned group home page doesn't take me to the post itself or indeed the last read post on that thread. It takes me to the first post in that thread which I have read several times by then.

How do I prevent that happening?

• RMweb Premium

I have become aware that clicking on the posts on my owned group home page doesn't take me to the post itself or indeed the last read post on that thread. It takes me to the first post in that thread which I have read several times by then.

How do I prevent that happening?

As per other parts of RMweb (but not the Active Content and View New Content lists) use the orange arrow image to the immediate left of the topic title to go to the first unread post in a thread. If that's not there, then you've already read the latest post.

As per other parts of RMweb (but not the Active Content and View New Content lists) use the orange arrow image to the immediate left of the topic title to go to the first unread post in a thread. If that's not there, then you've already read the latest post.

Thanks Ian

Here's one:

How do I bring over to the Group a copy of a thread/topic from the "Overseas Modelling" section that I started?

Specifically I'm thinking of the one I started (with linked attachments) entitled:"US Shortline Track Specs". My OP included a link to a PDF from the Black River RR which provided the complete specs for track building on their line.

I don't want to simply re-write it as there were some interesting comments on rail size plus someone else submitted the specs of "Union Pacific" track.

I want to keep the original where it is but clean up the version in my Group.

I've decided that this "Owner" needs an Assistant to handle this kind of thing....................

Thanks, Pete.

Personal secretarial services not provided! ;)

Anyway; I've moved the topic to your area but still retained the link through to it which appears in the Overseas section so the same single topic exists but in two places as far as the reader's concerned.

• RMweb Gold

A couple of questions :

I sent a group email out (26/5/11), but it appears to be stuck in the Queue - what else do I need to do to complete the 'sending' ?

How do I, as group owner, send inivites to selected RMWeb members to join the group ? (I can obviously send them as myself, but thought I could do it as an Owner).

Ta

Stu

Yes, that's the ones. Bit of a story, brace yourself...

I tried adding 'News', but I forgot to add a title, so somehow it attached this to the first post in the forum. But what I typed doesn't appear in that thread anywhere, so it somehow thinks it's part of that thread and that thread is now 'News', even though the bit I added is completely invisible (let's call this 'News A').

I then tried adding a proper bit of 'News' and included a title this time (let's call this 'News B'), and this appeared as the first News item and also created a new thread (which is what it's meant to do I believe). However, because it now thought this was the second bit of news (it think News A is the first bit), it was showing both on the first page, and as a result, the second half of the text from News B wasn't showing properly (it was truncating it so that it could get both bits of News on the front page). So I thought I'd just delete the 'News B' I had added and edit News A so that it read like the only News I wanted to add.

So I tried deleting News B, but the red cross didn't work.

So I tried deleting the thread for News B and that worked... but it's still showing as the first bit of News on the front page. And I can't delete it because it's been deleted and it can't find it to delete it.

So I have News B showing as the first bit of News and I can't do anything with it, and News A is showing because it thinks it's News when actually it was never meant to be, it was just my clumsy forgetting to add a title. Why it added this to an existing thread and just didn't pop up and say 'You didn't add a title you clot' I have no idea.

Basically I've made a mess of it (although I'm holding the software at least partially responsible :lol: ). If I could get rid of both bits of News/threads I'll happily start again!

Rightho; deleted both.

I'm wondering if the non-responsiveness of the red X on your PC is another IE issue.

Feel free to hold the software responsible; I do. ;)

• RMweb Gold

A couple of questions :

I sent a group email out (26/5/11), but it appears to be stuck in the Queue - what else do I need to do to complete the 'sending' ?

How do I, as group owner, send inivites to selected RMWeb members to join the group ? (I can obviously send them as myself, but thought I could do it as an Owner).

Ta

Stu

Bump, now you've sorted Dave out...

;)

Stu,

Go to your Group opening page - where the news is located. You should see a dark blue "button" marked "Invite" to the right, upper middle. If you hit that it becomes self-explanatory. You can write one message but address it (one at a time) to many people.

It's not perfect in that some of the invites I sent out are marked as "Pending" after the recipients joined by other means.........

I can't help you on the other messaging question as I have not used that yet.

Best, Pete.

Rightho; it still seems to be Queued; will need to speak to developer as there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't go.

I saw your post on the time performances Pete and I honestly don't know what to suggest; it's peak time over here but I'm not getting the same delays you're facing. And we have a v.slow adsl linespeed here.

Archived