How do I?

Andy Y

On the red 'X' issue, it did nothing for me on IE8 or Firefox 3.6 but... when I put Firefox 4 on my machine the red 'X' did just what it was supposed to and I was given the chance to re-write my news article.

Rightho; it still seems to be Queued; will need to speak to developer as there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't go.

I saw your post on the time performances Pete and I honestly don't know what to suggest; it's peak time over here but I'm not getting the same delays you're facing. And we have a v.slow adsl linespeed here.

Andy, I hae the same issue with mt first Group mail it has been queued since 23:50 last night

Nigel.

It is strange, Andy, I'm not getting any significant delays with any other BB's (incl. some huge Music ones) I'm also using a super-fast FIOS system to my door..........so, as they say, I dunno! The thing is it is patchy without rhyme or reason.......

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold
It is strange, Andy, I'm not getting any significant delays with any other BB's (incl. some huge Music ones) I'm also using a super-fast FIOS system to my door..........so, as they say, I dunno! The thing is it is patchy without rhyme or reason.......

Hi Pete,

What ping times are you getting to the server? Here's my trace from the UK. You are on the right side of the pond already, so should be much faster. I think Jim would be very interested in your timings. It may be that your connection is too fast, and the server is locking you out on a timeout as part of the "denial of service attack" prevention. Jim may have optimized the server for UK connection timings.

Tracing route to rmweb.co.uk [174.46.70.234] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1	34 ms	35 ms	35 ms  lo98.gr-acc-bras-15.as9105.net [212.74.102.33]
 2	33 ms	33 ms	34 ms  10.72.4.229
 3	48 ms	37 ms	35 ms  10.72.9.223
 4	35 ms	35 ms	36 ms  xe-9-3-0.bragg001.loh.as13285.net [80.40.155.17]
 5	37 ms	35 ms	34 ms  xe-5-0-0.scr001.log.as13285.net [80.40.155.54]
 6	39 ms   116 ms	38 ms  ae3-310.lon11.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.94.249]
 7   119 ms   152 ms   117 ms  xe-7-0-0.was14.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.185.2]
 8   116 ms   115 ms   115 ms  ash1-pr2-ae0-410.us.twtelecom.net [64.128.212.33]
 9   128 ms   126 ms   131 ms  cmh2-ar3-xe-0-0-0-0.us.twtelecom.net [66.192.248.86]
10   132 ms   129 ms   129 ms  earth-cmh-01.cera.net [97.65.85.2]
11   130 ms   129 ms   128 ms  host.d1shost3.com [174.46.70.234]

Trace complete.

regards,

Martin.

Martin,

Thanks; my averages checked in the last hour are:

Ping: 21ms

Download: 27 Mbps.

My upload is all over the place and meaningless, right now. If I get a sensible answer I'll stick it in here.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I sent a group email out (26/5/11), but it appears to be stuck in the Queue - what else do I need to do to complete the 'sending' ?

This group email is still marked as pending - do I need to send another one, or will any fixes to the software complete the process ?

Cheers

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I am pondering the best way to manage links and would like your views on best practice :pleasantry: I would like to have an easily accessible point of software links that groupites can update themselves or would it be better for me to manage this. I was thinking a sticky (if that's what you call it?) would also do.

Anyway thoughts and advice gratefully accepted

Tom

Hi All

I am pondering the best way to manage links and would like your views on best practice :pleasantry: I would like to have an easily accessible point of software links that groupites can update themselves or would it be better for me to manage this. I was thinking a sticky (if that's what you call it?) would also do.

Anyway thoughts and advice gratefully accepted

Tom

I think most groups have included a links thread as a 'pinned' (that's the term used in this software). As group lowner you have the ability to 'pin' the thread. Some group have left it open for others to add links, in others the owner has asked for additions to be PM'd for them to add... Up to you realy - keeps things tidy but a little more efffort from you.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

OK, I have a question...Is there a way of unpinning threads? I know how to delete them but I didnt really want to do that. I just wondered if it was possible to add it to the other threads instead of it being stuck to the news bit.

Thank you.

Missy :D

• RMweb Premium

Just go to the topic in question Julia then chose topic moderation. This will give you the option to unpin where you would normally see the pin option.

Archived